Upgraded the forum software

@Rob, if I may... allow me to beat this dead horse (Search in Conversations) a little longer. ;)

From the main forum page, clicking on the Search button gives us this screen below to help us search. This is the Search screen provided in Conversations.
1a.png

If we navigate INTO A FORUM and click on the Search button, we get some options. "Everywhere" is the default, but I have selected "This forum" to show the example.
2a.png

If we further navigate INTO A THREAD, we get one more option to Search... in "This thread" as shown below.
3a.png

The "Advanced search..." button does not provide the options that I'm looking for.

So, my questions are...
1. Can this Search behavior be applied to Conversations as it is to the regular forums and threads?
2. Would searching "This thread" actually search the conversation? If yes, this would be a good solution.
3. If "This thread" is not appropriate, is there another setting available, such as "This conversation" that would work?

Thanks for considering this! I'm sure most users are not as interested in this capability as I am. :)

One feature that would be helpful is being able to multi-quote other people. I wanted to do that yesterday in one thread, but trying to felt a bit confusing and cumbersome. If I remember correctly, I believe the official Mint forum has that feature.

One feature that would be helpful is being able to multi-quote other people. I wanted to do that yesterday in one thread, but trying to felt a bit confusing and cumbersome. If I remember correctly, I believe the official Mint forum has that feature.
@Rob, if I may... allow me to beat this dead horse (Search in Conversations) a little longer. ;)

From the main forum page, clicking on the Search button gives us this screen below to help us search. This is the Search screen provided in Conversations.
View attachment 10767

If we navigate INTO A FORUM and click on the Search button, we get some options. "Everywhere" is the default, but I have selected "This forum" to show the example.
View attachment 10768

If we further navigate INTO A THREAD, we get one more option to Search... in "This thread" as shown below.
View attachment 10769

The "Advanced search..." button does not provide the options that I'm looking for.

So, my questions are...
1. Can this Search behavior be applied to Conversations as it is to the regular forums and threads?
2. Would searching "This thread" actually search the conversation? If yes, this would be a good solution.
3. If "This thread" is not appropriate, is there another setting available, such as "This conversation" that would work?

Thanks for considering this! I'm sure most users are not as interested in this capability as I am. :)

Select the first conversation and click on reply which appears directly under the selected area

Then select the second and click on reply which is located out to the right hand side of the selected area

Select the first conversation and click on reply which appears directly under the selected area

Then select the second and click on reply which is located out to the right hand side of the selected area

Thanks. I'll try that next time.

One feature that would be helpful is being able to multi-quote
Select the first conversation
Then select the second
And you don't need to grab the entire post with the Reply button/link... you can click-and-drag with your mouse to highlight just a short bit of the text, like shown above, that is most pertinent to what you want to comment about... and a new "Reply" button will appear. You can do this repeatedly for multi-quote. And... if you click at the end of a bit of quote text and hit Enter (one or more times)... it will open up space for you to type comments in between each quote. (Or you can comment as you go, of course.)

I know that when I'm posting statuses, the character limit is only 420. I'm guessing that decision was made after the admins were smoking some weed? ;)

Joking aside, can we change it to 500 instead?

Joking aside ... No.

Tables underlying a database can behave like nodes attached to a server in an office network.

In order to accommodate 30 users, you might need a server that handles 32 nodes.

If you need to put on a 33rd user, you need a new server for 32, to cater up until 64 users.

If you want 500, someone else will want 550 and someone 600. The limit can stay where it is for the time being. Work with it.

BTW people who have posted do not need their post quoted back at them, they already know what they said. If you want to be clear about what you are replying to quote short snatches such as Brian and Stan described above.

Nice teamwork Brian and Stan.

Wizard

;)

And you don't need to grab the entire post with the Reply button
Quite agree, I try and grab just enough so that the poster I am replying to knows what I am referring to, especially if say a full inxi report is given and I spot a problem with the GPU, I just grab that section to reply to

Members online