USB Device Driver makefile erorr

nandni22jain

Reaction score
Credits
1641653970383.png

I am new to Linux and learning USB device driver code. I followed a YT video for it and getting this make error. Please help me with it. Here is the link of video I followed :

The error message is pretty clear. You're missing flex. It's a pretty common tool and should be available in the repositories of ALL distros. You didn't tell us what distro you're running, so the exact instructions to install will depend on which distro you're running.
For example, on a Debian based distro, you'd install flex by running the following:
Bash:
sudo apt  install flex

Or on a Red hat based distro:
Bash:
sudo dnf install flex

Install flex with whatever package manager your distro uses and then try running the build again.

The error message is pretty clear. You're missing flex. It's a pretty common tool and should be available in the repositories of ALL distros. You didn't tell us what distro you're running, so the exact instructions to install will depend on which distro you're running.
For example, on a Debian based distro, you'd install flex by running the following:
Bash:
sudo apt  install flex

Or on a Red hat based distro:
Bash:
sudo dnf install flex

Install flex with whatever package manager your distro uses and then try running the build again.
Thank you very much! It solved the problem. My apologies for not mentioning the doubt clearly, I am very new to Linux. Thanks again.

Members online

Latest posts