USB having ventoy installed is not visible

Raman, we don't know if you ever successfully stored any data on that "unknown" partition. If you did, and if your File Manager used to work to show you that data, then it has been corrupted by the many errors you show in the TestDisk report you posted.

Your only hope (as I see it) is to follow instructions on the TestDisk website on how to recover lost partitions and data. TestDisk has many documents to help you, and they can describe their product better than we can. Please help yourself by reading and learning.

The other alternative (as I see it) is to give up and consider your data lost for good. Reformat your USB stick and try to determine if you can still trust it for further use, or whether you should throw it away. I would guess that it will be okay after formatting, but USB sticks can (and do) develop problems and can become unusable. I have thrown away several.

I'm sorry, but maybe someone else will have better advice for you. The Linux .iso files can be easily replaced, but if the books were important to you.... or for ANY data that is important to you.... you should have backup copies stored elsewhere.

Except the OP's 1st photo only shows Partition 1 (513 MB) as exfat (not large enough to hold any .iso files). Partition 2 is an "unknown" filesystem.... suggesting (to me) that it was never created properly, or was deleted, or was corrupted.

Welcome back @arochester! It's been quite awhile, and I'm happy to see you on again. :)

Your eyes are better than mine Stan ; but you could very well be right.

it could be the way his disk utility is ordering the partitions

This is what i have on one stick

Code:
sdc            14.5G        v212w
├─sdc1 ventoy  14.4G exfat  
└─sdc2 VTOYEFI   32M vfat

has anyone given the O.P a list of shell window commands , so we can actually see

Last edited:
what were the books doing on a usb formated stick anyway ? I'm sure thats another of my UN-diagnosed mental issue's but its something i just wouldn't do . photorec is the part of testdisk that might be useful . The books also can probably be replaced...any that were important you have the title for ?

Also for getting testdisk -remind us what Linux distro and release are you using ? if you can come back - from memory your several hrs either ahead or behind - then might as well try photorec. I've tested it on a usb where i purposely deleted files and it recovered them .

Last edited:
I encountered the same problem, and the fix was to de-select the BIOS from booting at all in UEFI, but let BIOS boot in Legacy mode, and then it viewed and booted Ventoy without any issue.

Members online

Latest posts