USB stick hasn't been formatted

SamsungFlashMemory

Reaction score
Credits
I was eject flash stick with running freedos.
And ican`t format usb any programm(rufus,..).
Usb formated 40% in linux Only , but fail too.
What have linux tools for repair filesystem USB 2.0 stick?
How check in linux what encrypted/decrypted my memory storage?

Last edited:

Gparted is included in many Linux distros. This is one common way to format the device. For example, it is included in SystemRescue.

Read webpage and give it a try if command line is a negative fo you, as a suggestion

If you use Windows, you might be able to use Windows tools to format the disk. FreeDOS isn't Linux by nature, it is its own thing. I have no way of knowing if you're actually a regular, proficient Linux user. Some folks are pretty timid about using Linux, so I figured I'd mention it.

It's ported to Linux and I suspect most users are also Linux users, or people interested in playing old games. A quick look says Partition Magic no longer exists, but there's something called Partition Wizard that's got a free version for home users. You can try stuff like that.

Also, USB drives die. They die all the time. Sometimes, you'll get one that lasts for decades, other times they'll fail after a few write-intensive operations. The drive's cost only seems to have a little influence on this, with the name brands lasting longer than the cheap stuff but only as a general rule.

Gparted is included in many Linux distros. This is one common way to format the device. For example, it is included in SystemRescue.

Read webpage and give it a try if command line is a negative fo you, as a suggestion
USB stick formatted to 40% with command line only(process failed), any pogram not way for it.

I don't knewn about where send message users FreeDOS.
I was checked Partition Magic it is no way too.

''Also, USB drives die. They die all the time." - you calmed me down
If you use Windows, you might be able to use Windows tools to format the disk. FreeDOS isn't Linux by nature, it is its own thing. I have no way of knowing if you're actually a regular, proficient Linux user. Some folks are pretty timid about using Linux, so I figured I'd mention it.

It's ported to Linux and I suspect most users are also Linux users, or people interested in playing old games. A quick look says Partition Magic no longer exists, but there's something called Partition Wizard that's got a free version for home users. You can try stuff like that.

Also, USB drives die. They die all the time. Sometimes, you'll get one that lasts for decades, other times they'll fail after a few write-intensive operations. The drive's cost only seems to have a little influence on this, with the name brands lasting longer than the cheap stuff but only as a general rule.

With USB troubles, when people aren't sure if they're broken, I usually share this link:

Scroll down and look for the long answer. Yes, it's long and perhaps a bit complicated.

I only buy well know brand Flash Drives...they should last a long time but nothing lasts forever.
m1502.gif

Members online