Usb Wifi adapter not working in linux mint (dual boot solves the issue WT*)

Hamza147

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone,

First of all, if the question I'm willing to ask has been already solved, well forgive me , because I tried to look for an answer and didn't find it.

I have a usb wifi dongle adapter "Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter" and I'm using a desktop PC. Both LinuxMint and Windows 10 distros are installed on this machine. I have tried to make the wireless adapter work trying different things different techniques "netplan ... inxi -Fxz ..."(kind of stuff ... I'm not a pro). And it wasn't working I ended up always messing with my distro and solving the problem caused by my failed attempts. Anyway, since I'm not a big fan of windows 10 , I rarely used, only for word or photoshop things .

One day, I boot up as usual , I use windows 10 and automatically , it detects the usb wifi adapter and could access my router. (I don't use an ethernet cable for various reasons, so don't suggest that please )

When I rebooted and this time logged into the LinuxMint disto , the wifi was working there too , I was happy because I thought I fixed the issue. But when I shutdown and boot up to LinuxMint , I lose the wifi access ... "inxi -Fxz" does nothing !

SO , THE ONLY WAY I USE TO HAVE ACCESS TO WIFI THROUGH THIS WIFI DONGLE IS TO LAUNCH WINDOWS 10 THEN REBOOT TO LINUXMINT AND BINGO !!!!
which is weird , right ?

Tell me what do you want me to post as attached files in order to understand what is happening. Thank you

Members online