Using a Radeon R9 380 on my Proxmox debian 10 virtual machine

AlexFinns

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
Recently, I have been trying to get my virtual machine to display out of my physical graphics card. I have enabled IOMMU on my proxmox server and the debian virtual machine sees the gpu whenever I execute the lspci command. However, during boot, I see that the virtual machine tries to initialize the gpu (as the virtual console says no signal for 10 seconds more than it usually does) but then fails. When it finally posts on the virtual console, it shows quite a few fatal errors regarding amdgpu (my gpu) and something about atombios excution failure. A screenshot is attached for more information. Please keep in mind that if there are some obvious mistakes, I am quite a newbie. That is why I came here.

Thanks in advance!
Alex
Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 23.51.15.png

...I am quite a newbie.

and I am no expert on VMs. Welcome, @AlexFinns :)

Someone will likely have more questions for you, but can you tell us what kernel you have and what other kernel options?

Output of

Code:
ls /boot

and

uname -r

will assist.

Good luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-06 145631.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 145631.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot 2022-10-06 145711.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 145711.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 169
Turns out that it's not a virtual machine problem, as if I try to connect the gpu to a windows vm, it works. Apparently, it's just a driver issue. However, I still don't really know how to solve this, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Alex

Members online

Latest posts