Using Geforce Now on a linux device

Reaction score
Credits
Simple way to play steam and epic games games on a Linux device.

Go into a browser and type in geforce now, then log in. Once you're done, try syncing your Steam account and Epic games account and Ubisoft account. (you must need those installed on the linux device) and then just start playing. Simple as that.

There is an unofficial Electron application available on FlatHub, but it is very much just a wrapper of the GeForce Now website.

Be warned that I do not use this application or GeForce Now, and I can not vouch for its safety or functionality in any kind of way.

GeForce NOW (GitHub) -- GeForce NOW (FlatHub)

There is also an installer on Lutris for the Windows version of the GeForce Now application, but the same disclaimer applies.

GeForce NOW (Lutris)

Moving this to Games where it belongs.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Geforce Now is not gaming on Linux because the game is actually running in the cloud and you are just streaming it to your PC.

Simple way to play steam and epic games games on a Linux device.

Go into a browser and type in geforce now, then log in. Once you're done, try syncing your Steam account and Epic games account and Ubisoft account. (you must need those installed on the linux device) and then just start playing. Simple as that.

that not really gaming on Linux more than having a windows pc with steam on and then playing on Linux over the internet from that pc. it's more like streaming the game on Linux if anything else because that's what it really does also to get a good resolution you need a 50MB's (500mbps) internet speed to run it. I've never been a fan of cloud gaming and i have a 100/100 Mb's (1000/1000 Mbps) internet speed.
Also Epic is not hard to get to run on Linux Uplay is more a pain in the foot since every time you open uplay it thinks it's a new pc and if you do it too much it gonna give you a 24-hour cooldown i so much hate Ubisoft client just put it on Steam only already then maybe i would love to play your bad games more often.

Staff online

Members online