Using Linux Amazon - Unable to Display "go version"

You are trying to run an amd64 compiled binary on an aarch64 system. You will need to download this version(go1.20.4.linux-arm64.tar.gz) in order for you to be able to run it on that system.
Thanks for rectifying it but the problem is, I'm now using Mac Terminal with SSH Connect with the Linux Amazon. How to do that?

Thanks for rectifying it but the problem is, I'm now using Mac Terminal with SSH Connect with the Linux Amazon. How to do that?
How is that a problem? When you use ssh to connect to another system you are connected to that system and can run whatever you want to run through a terminal, it will not change the architecture of that system. That Amazon system that you have is an ARM64 system(aarch64) or else you would have gotten something with "x86_64" in your "uname -a" output when being connected through ssh to that system.

How is that a problem? When you use ssh to connect to another system you are connected to that system and can run whatever you want to run through a terminal, it will not change the architecture of that system. That Amazon system that you have is an ARM64 system(aarch64) or else you would have gotten something with "x86_64" in your "uname -a" output when being connected through ssh to that system.
Oh yeah, you're right. So this means I need to remove the following and then install using arm64.

go1.20.4.linux-amd64.tar.gz

Can do me a favor? Can you stay on the line here? Because I want to report it back to you.

Many thanks!

Oh yeah, you're right. So this means I need to remove the following and then install using arm64.

go1.20.4.linux-amd64.tar.gz

Can do me a favor? Can you stay on the line here? Because I want to report it back to you.

Many thanks!
You have this one(go1.20.4.linux-amd64.tar.gz) but you need this one(go1.20.4.linux-arm64.tar.gz), from here:
What do you mean hold this isn't a personal support line but a public forum? After you place and extract the tar you should be able to run the following.
Code:
go version

You have this one(go1.20.4.linux-amd64.tar.gz) but you need this one(go1.20.4.linux-arm64.tar.gz), from here:
What do you mean hold this isn't a personal support line but a public forum? After you place it you should be able to run the following.
Code:
go version
Hey, thanks for being here.

Here you are:

wget https://dl.google.com/go/go1.20.4.linux-arm64.tar.gz

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 95470016 (91M) [application/x-gzip]

Saving to: ‘go1.20.4.linux-arm64.tar.gz’

go1.20.4.linux-arm64.tar. 100%[====================================>] 91.05M 246MB/s in 0.4s

2023-05-10 13:24:03 (246 MB/s) - ‘go1.20.4.linux-arm64.tar.gz’ saved [95470016/95470016]

tar -xzf go1.20.4.linux-arm64.tar.gz

sudo mv go /usr/local

mv: cannot move 'go' to '/usr/local/go': File exists

sudo yum install git -y

Last metadata expiration check: 7:33:26 ago on Wed May 10 05:51:36 2023.

Package git-2.39.2-1.amzn2023.0.1.aarch64 is already installed.

Dependencies resolved.

Nothing to do.

Complete!

go version

go version go1.20.4 linux/arm64

It works!! Thanks!! So Much!!!

Now I understand the error behind it. is that my Linux Terminal (connected from my Mac) is using ARM and Not AMD. I've followed the instruction to "Install Packages" for Hyperledger Fabric.

Sorry, can I go to your link in Linux for me to give you a Rate and Feedback? Thanks to you for solving the problem and I really learn a lot from you here.

Now I understand the error behind it. is that my Linux Terminal (connected from my Mac) is using ARM and Not AMD. I've followed the instruction to "Install Packages" for Hyperledger Fabric.
Like I said what your mac is running has no effect on changing the architecture of your remote Amazon system, since that system is a aarch64 system. I'm confused by what you are saying there?
Sorry, can I go to your link in Linux for me to give you a Rate and Feedback? Thanks to you for solving the problem and I really learn a lot from you here.
linux.org is an affiliation with the the Linux kernel developers, it's just a public forum who happened to have the linux.org name. All the users here are from all over the world some people come for help and others come here to help others with problems and questions about Linux. So in short no one is getting paid for helping others and their time so there is nothing to rate or give feedback for since this is a public forum and not some official support website.

Like I said what your mac is running has no effect on changing the architecture of your remote Amazon system, since that system is a aarch64 system. I'm confused by what you are saying there?

linux.org is an affiliation with the the Linux kernel developers, it's just a public forum who happened to have the linux.org name. All the users here are from all over the world some people come for help and others come here to help others with problems and questions about Linux. So in short no one is getting paid for helping others and their time so there is nothing to rate or give feedback for since this is a public forum and not some official support website.
Hi,

Thanks for clearing it up and sorry for the confusion. I get it now. I have jot this down on my note. By running the command in Linux Terminal --> uname -a will display the information such as "aarch64" (for example like mine), this aarch is the same term as ARM and is in contrast with AMD for any type of installation related to either AMD or ARM terminal processor.

As for the Linux as public forum, thanks for clarifying and is good to have wonderful and tech-savvy community support to provide assistance to everyone. How nice if I'm a tech-savvy person as I wanted to contribute like what you did in this organization but unfortunately I'm not.

Thanks so much again for your help, I really appreciate it and grateful plus, I'll take note of what I learned from my mistake today.

Wishing you - Have a Pleasant Day!

Thanks so much again for your help, I really appreciate it and grateful plus, I'll take note of what I learned from my mistake today.

Wishing you - Have a Pleasant Day!
Learning something new is not making a mistake it's expanding your knowledge. You have e pleasant day as well!

Here is my rate and feedback for @f33dm3bits:

5 out of 5.
... okay, 11 out of 10. :)

f33dm3bits has been an excellent contributor to Linux.org. They are a well-liked and highly regarded member of the Linux.org community, relying on their strong technical knowledge and writing skills to help many members and visitors solve their Linux issues. Their contributions and comments are much appreciated by all.

There. Done.

... and Thanks to f33dm3bits for being here to help.

Here is my rate and feedback for @f33dm3bits:

5 out of 5.
... okay, 11 out of 10. :)

f33dm3bits has been an excellent contributor to Linux.org. They are a well-liked and highly regarded member of the Linux.org community, relying on their strong technical knowledge and writing skills to help many members and visitors solve their Linux issues. Their contributions and comments are much appreciated by all.

There. Done.

... and Thanks to f33dm3bits for being here to help.
Hi,

Me too, I share the same rate with you for @f33dm3bits too! Thanks..
33dm3bits[
33dm3bits[

Members online