Using Pix Image Viewer

Granny Sue

Reaction score
Credits
Hopefully, this is just going to be a short answer and I won’t need a lot of explanation. I moved all my pictures to the pictures folder on my computer from my iPhone. However, when I try to open one of the pictures with Pix Image Viewer it just takes me to trying to import a picture from another source. Then it tells me that the image is empty and that’s all I get. Can you help me here and maybe tell me what I’m doing wrong? I can open them with image Viewer just fine. But Image Viewer doesn’t have the capability, from what I can see, to add comments and tags and things like that whereas Pix does.

Hopefully, this is just going to be a short answer and I won’t need a lot of explanation.
Yeah, right! :eek:o_O:p:D

I've never used Pix before, but I just installed it, and it looks pretty nice. It went straight to the Pictures folder and displayed thumbnails for all the pics in there. I just double-clicked a photo and it opened. How are you trying to open them?

Also, Pix doesn't come pre-installed, so you had to add this software yourself. There were many "dependencies" that were needed to make it work. You did allow all of those to install too, right?

Yeah, right! :eek:o_O:p:D

I've never used Pix before, but I just installed it, and it looks pretty nice. It went straight to the Pictures folder and displayed thumbnails for all the pics in there. I just double-clicked a photo and it opened. How are you trying to open them?

Also, Pix doesn't come pre-installed, so you had to add this software yourself. There were many "dependencies" that were needed to make it work. You did allow all of those to install too, right?
Whatever it is, it was installed with my installation of Mint. because all I did the very first time was click on a picture and it opened picture and I was in pics p i x. It's not a stand alone program from what I can see it was included in my distribution. So now I'm really confused!

Whatever it is, it was installed with my installation of Mint. because all I did the very first time was click on a picture and it opened picture and I was in pics p i x. It's not a stand alone program from what I can see it was included in my distribution. So now I'm really confused!
Sorry, you are totally correct. My mistake. I just reloaded Mint MATE, and there it is. (Linux Mint is not my daily Linux anymore.)

But again, I copied photos into the Pictures folder, and it works as I would expect. If I just click a photo, it shows properties in the lower left window. If I double-click the photo, it opens up and allows comments and other details to be added.

So, how are you trying to open the photos? I will try to duplicate the problem and investigate.

My lack of experience with Pix follows Stan ... didn't know we had it until today. Seems to work for me.

So I'll sit in the back row and eat popcorn and watch Stan's voodoo.

Too many cooks spoil the broth and we don't want you getting spoiled with too much help, do we girl? :)

Wizard enjoying his Saturday arvo over a beer or three

Sorry, you are totally correct. My mistake. I just reloaded Mint MATE, and there it is. (Linux Mint is not my daily Linux anymore.)

But again, I copied photos into the Pictures folder, and it works as I would expect. If I just click a photo, it shows properties in the lower left window. If I double-click the photo, it opens up and allows comments and other details to be added.

So, how are you trying to open the photos? I will try to duplicate the problem and investigate.
I’ll have to look at that tomorrow, my brain is done for the night.

Members online