Using Wisdom Before Using Certain Commands

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
In today's article on my Blog site "Linux Fixes" I share where certain commands should be used sparingly.

Enjoyable read. Thanks.
Typo: cmod != chmod.
ps aux gets a little more than ps ux which may be useful.

Enjoyable read. Thanks.
Typo: cmod != chmod.
ps aux gets a little more than ps ux which may be useful.
You're welcome-

Thanks for telling me about the typo. I fixed it.

Wisdom isn't something everyone has.
m0103.gif

Says a dog with sunglasses? ;)

I would change one or two things internally.

The color of your links matches the color you've used to highlight, making it very confusing. The general UI/UX rule is, "Don't do that."

d7a70Wk.png

Only the first one is a link. The second one is not. (If it is a link, it's broken.) This will confuse people and turn them off. It might even annoy some of them.

I'd also get rid of the light green, as well. It works great when I'm browsing with a plugin that makes everything dark, but it's very rough on the eyes. I suppose that is a personal choice and I'm partially colorblind so may not actually be seeing the hue as it really is.

I would change one or two things internally.

The color of your links matches the color you've used to highlight, making it very confusing. The general UI/UX rule is, "Don't do that."

d7a70Wk.png

Only the first one is a link. The second one is not. (If it is a link, it's broken.) This will confuse people and turn them off. It might even annoy some of them.

I'd also get rid of the light green, as well. It works great when I'm browsing with a plugin that makes everything dark, but it's very rough on the eyes. I suppose that is a personal choice and I'm partially colorblind so may not actually be seeing the hue as it really is.

I'm looking more into things here in the link below for the UI|UX rules.
Improvements learned are welcomed as they lead to success!

Thanks for the suggestions, KGIII:-

Thanks for the suggestions, KGIII:-

It's one of those things you sorta pick up over time - unless you actively study it. At the end of the day, it kinda means thinking like the end user (and remembering that you're not the end user). No offense to the end users, but they sometimes need some gentle hand-holding. They're often easily confused and heavily conditioned.

It's kinda like how you can change the color of a link - you just really shouldn't. For decades, URLs have been blue. It's even a pretty specific blue. You can use this site we're on as a good example of this. So, your uses (readers) will try to click on blue things - specifically the blue used for links. Making text that same color (when it's not a URL) is just going to frustrate them, annoy them, and may make them not want to visit your site ever again.

That's just one of many things. Loading speed is also important, for example. If the site loads too slowly, end users will just click the X button and try another result at the search engine. It doesn't even take long for them to decide to leave, like a few seconds or such.

There's a lot to it. I avoid all that stuff by just using a theme that does all that for me. I trust the theme designer to know more about it than I do.

It's one of those things you sorta pick up over time - unless you actively study it. At the end of the day, it kinda means thinking like the end user (and remembering that you're not the end user). No offense to the end users, but they sometimes need some gentle hand-holding. They're often easily confused and heavily conditioned.

It's kinda like how you can change the color of a link - you just really shouldn't. For decades, URLs have been blue. It's even a pretty specific blue. You can use this site we're on as a good example of this. So, your uses (readers) will try to click on blue things - specifically the blue used for links. Making text that same color (when it's not a URL) is just going to frustrate them, annoy them, and may make them not want to visit your site ever again.

That's just one of many things. Loading speed is also important, for example. If the site loads too slowly, end users will just click the X button and try another result at the search engine. It doesn't even take long for them to decide to leave, like a few seconds or such.

There's a lot to it. I avoid all that stuff by just using a theme that does all that for me. I trust the theme designer to know more about it than I do.
I made changes to the website and it's much easier to work with and looks cleaner.
Thanks!

I made changes to the website and it's much easier to work with and looks cleaner.
Thanks!

I missed a couple - or you changed them. Sorry, I should have noticed this the first time through. I probably didn't notice because I was being hasty and they're too light to really notice immediately.

xy3zDOh.png

The color is hard to read and one of them is a link but colored in that same light gray color.

Staff online