Vega - can't run

KHX

Reaction score
Credits
Hello. I download vega from subgraph.com. This is 64 byte version. While I run, I have a error :
An error has occurred. See the log file
/home/dell/Pulpit/vega/configuration/1606678066764.log.
I use kali linux in oracle virtualbox. I install from this tutorial :
. Sorry for my bad language, I don't be good from English, but i often learn it. Help very please.

How are we supposed to help you? This isn't the psychic hotline!

All we know is you tried installing something and got an error message telling you that an error occurred and that information has been stored in a log file.

Have you looked in the log-file? What errors are listed in there? That will tell us what is happening....

Post the content of the log-file and we'll be in a better position to help you.

As a side-note, the annoying music in that video made me want to stab myself in the ears! Ha ha!

look 1606678066764.log with a text editor an see if it gives any clues

If you have to ask you shouldn't be running Kali but working on getting a basic understanding of how GNU/Linux works that way you will actually understand what you are doing instead of blindly following a tutorial. Once you understand the basics you will be able to figure out stuff like this yourself and as others already mentioned have you actually looked in the log file which the line above refers to: An error has occurred. See the log file.

Thanks for reply, log is very long, I add this to pastebin. https://pastebin.com/fiUHfT7Q
I have a JavaSE errors, but I don't know how to fix this.
Ok, so you have a ton of Java related errors, meaning that there is something wrong with your Java environment.

Which versions of Java do you have installed?
And what version is set as the default?

From a quick web search, and watching the video again - it looks like vega requires openjdk 8.

Last edited:
Yes look like openjdk8 is needed, here 's a webpage where the steps are explained that way you will get a better idea of what you are doing. You could also try installing a newer version of openjdk just to try if it works with a new version that way you won't have to enable an old source or backports to install it, or you can install it manually by getting it from oracle.

Reactions: KHX
Ok, I don't have suitable jdk, very thanks for help, I install jdk, and I run from recomennded tutorial, that's run, and work. Thanks for any help .:)

Members online