Via C7 Board & Linux Live USB issues

Eugor

Reaction score
Credits
I am Stumped and looking for clues. Got an older tinkerboard with embedded board via c7 cpu and am unable to get multiple live distros to boot. All have been 32 bit as needed for this cpu. All end with a blinking cursor after going thru the boot process. errors received have been unable to init mce device, and long haul option not enabled. Furthest I got was with rapsberry pi debian desktop, which would let me enter install mode and actually installed on system hard drive, but after rebooot, same thing. Back to blinking cursor. Anyone have any clues, or path for diagnostic ? I have gurggled it but came up nill there too.

I'm not familiar with tinkerboards but I'll give this a shot.

If you haven't already enter the BIOS and make sure that your HDD is the first priority in the boot order.
During your installation make sure the bootloader is installed to the MBR (master boot record).

It sure would be good if you could get a look at the mce log.

What make and model is your tinkerboard? Asus?

Are you installing via a usb thumb drive?

What is the exact error message?

Maybe try nomodeset:

This search might help:

Came to the conclusion it is a bad board. Windows also did not like it either. Install process going into reboot before it could start. Thank You for your input. I am going to get a different tinkerboard.

Came to the conclusion it is a bad board. Windows also did not like it either. Install process going into reboot before it could start. Thank You for your input. I am going to get a different tinkerboard.
You're welcome.

Glad to hear you figured out it was the board that was bad.

Are tinkerboards smaller than a credit card?

Members online