Virtual Box Guest Additions not installing on Debian.

qya

Reaction score
Credits
Hey,
Recently I was setting up a new Debian VM, and I pressed "insert guest additions CD image" and the CD showed up in Debian (the VM). I pressed the "Run Software" button and it would come up with a message saying something along the lines of software can't run. I went to check what message it said, but now all I get is

Unable to insert the virtual optical disk /Applications/VirtualBox.app/Contents/MacOS/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso into the machine Debian.

Could not mount the media/drive '/Applications/VirtualBox.app/Contents/MacOS/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_PDM_MEDIA_LOCKED).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
Callee: IMachine {85632c68-b5bb-4316-a900-5eb28d3413df}

Anyone know how to fix this?

Debian... Hmm... Had you installed 'build-essential' prior?

{SOLVED}
One has to use the other start methods from the falling menu next to the green
:arrow:
. These are the "Headless Start" and "Detachable Start", which appear on the falling menu and not to use "Normal Start".

P.S I have to admit, that I browsed the internet and found this information in a Chinese blog and used the google translator to translate it:

Attachments

• Prnt Scrn_11zon.jpg
    Prnt Scrn_11zon.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 239
@goldempo welcome to linux.org.

Do us a favour - don't post twice just because your Post did not get up there straight away. If it contains a hyperlink, for your first 5 or so posts, it will get re-routed across staff desks for approval, this is an anti-spam feature.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Staff online