Virtual Interface from Wireless NIC

nathan20430

Reaction score
Credits
Is this possible? Seems like all the examples have ethernet-based cards but I only have a wifi connection. Can't find anything in the books or online for this.

I have never gotten this to work. I've tried with libvirt, ovirt, virtualbox, gnome boxes, VMware ESX, and even Proxmox PVE.
I can make it work using NAT or bridging, all day long on Ethernet. But it seems you cannot do virtual NICs over wifi.
They do sell WiFi access points with ethernet connectors. I have seen these for as cheap as $19.00 but if you want 802.11ac or 802.11ax
speed it'll cost you. Neither is nearly as fast as gig Ethernet.

I have never gotten this to work. I've tried with libvirt, ovirt, virtualbox, gnome boxes, VMware ESX, and even Proxmox PVE.
I can make it work using NAT or bridging, all day long on Ethernet. But it seems you cannot do virtual NICs over wifi.
They do sell WiFi access points with ethernet connectors. I have seen these for as cheap as $19.00 but if you want 802.11ac or 802.11ax
speed it'll cost you. Neither is nearly as fast as gig Ethernet.
Thank you so much for posting this! Was going nuts over this. Didn't see this mentioned at all in let's see, 4 textbooks? Where is the literature on this? Strange.

Members online

Latest posts