W: Unable to read /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-y-ppa-manager-bionic.list - open (13: Permission denied)

Greg Baker

Reaction score
Credits
W: Unable to read /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webupd8team-y-ppa-manager-bionic.list - open (13: Permission denied)
Help!

Hello @Greg Baker !
Permission denied means that current user has no access to this particular file.
Did you try "sudo" in front of your command. Usually in Ubuntu based distro "root user" is locked by default but initial user who you made, during installation has access to everything iwo sudo command.

yes udo apt the standard iue but the i386 environment seems to hang as I use POL which requires this for photoshop cc6

G'day Greg.

I take it you are trying to install Y-PPA-Manager, is that so?

If so, the procedure is as follows:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/y-ppa-manager
sudo apt update
sudo apt install y-ppa-manager

HTH (hope this helps)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hello @Greg Baker !
Permission denied means that current user has no access to this particular file.
Did you try "sudo" in front of your command. Usually in Ubuntu based distro "root user" is locked by default but initial user who you made, during installation has access to everything iwo sudo command.
Yep sudo apt and the command clean or update or upgrade all fail though the 166 repositories are available. Tried autoremove as well.

Members online

Latest posts