"WC" Service and high CPU utilization

jlpeifer

Reaction score
Credits
I tried Googling for an answer about the topic of this post, but almost all threads led me to topics on "WooCommerce" for Wordpress. This matter involves a process/command called "wc" that occasionally spikes my CPU utilization dramatically. Can only shed light on this service and why it might spike like this?

Attachments

• wc.png
    wc.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 328

wc is a command, try man wc.
NAME: wc - print newline, word, and byte counts for each file
DESCRIPTION: Print newline, word, and byte counts for each FILE, and a total line if more than one FILE is specified. A word is a non-zero-length sequence of characters delimited by white space.
So I would think either someone or a script is using this command, is it at a specific time that you see this?

There doesn't seem to be any pattern or timing. As I sit and watch "top" I see it pop up to the top occasionally. I'm surprised by the CPU utilization when it does appear.

I see some php processes, maybe the wc command is called in some php script so that when a certain page/function gets accessed it launches the wc command and causes a highload but that's just a guess. Try search through the php scripts for the command wc.

Members online

Latest posts