Web hosts that let you submit code and don't charge too much (or nothing)

Yes, that URL is configured in the DNS panel at my domain provider against my GitHub pages site. I have some other stuff configured in my domain provider (an email hosting somewhere else), but that's just extra stuff.

Thanks for the reading!

It's a relief that you don't have to expose any personal information on the github repository...i get worried about someone being able to hit a few windows commands and see my name and email address etc, a lot of people prefer to have a server email address [[email protected]] but that's not what i'm interested in here, i don't want an email associated with this.
Be sure you set your email addresses on GitHub as hidden, and configure a redacted email address on your git settings for when you do commits.

With git, every commit needs to have an email address from the author. Although it doesn't need to be real for your own stuff, and you can put any garbled text with an email format, when you contribute to other's projects it may have to be (depending on their rules). And the commit email can be checked when checking the commit in patch format like in this example.

In this one, I supplied a no-reply address linked to my github account, provided by github when you set your emails as private:

Screenshot from 2022-01-19 17-03-05.png

Github's email settings will give you all the info you need to take these precautions, and check your email configuration on your git client.

I just want a web page that is programmed artistically with HTML/CSS, some say those are not programming languages but WHATEVER. It's just a short essay.
Then what @gvisoc advised will be more than enough for you.

I was just going to make a very simple page, and i guess i was also wondering how even someone could hack that for spam, an HTML page that's protected by a web host's standard security...

Simple HTML and CSS don't really provide a mechanism to hack the site. It's when you start accepting user input that you need to worry about sanitizing it.

Beyond that, use a complicated password and you should be golden.

Very few sites are simple HTML and CSS these days. Most use some sort of CMS.

And, yes. GitHub should be all they need for a project like this.

The kind of hosting I offer is a whole other animal. You can install software, have a your own email addresses, need a database, and stuff like that.

Simple HTML and CSS don't really provide a mechanism to hack the site. It's when you start accepting user input that you need to worry about sanitizing it.

Beyond that, use a complicated password and you should be golden.

Very few sites are simple HTML and CSS these days. Most use some sort of CMS.
I figured, it would be really hard to attack a page unless the server was weak, I've read about those banner attacks through HTML but that's of concern for a forum.

Members online