wget command connect failed and other problems

Dumpling

Reaction score
Credits
Edit: The problem is now Resolved! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to install magnifying docker effect for Elementary OS Hera but when I use the wget command, it waits for a while then says connection failed.

Then I tried another method to install that effect but this time when I type my password it does nothing as if it's stuck

Additional Info: In my normal main pc all the codes worked perfectly fine without any problems, but currently when I try in a second-handed old lenovo laptop (it has Intel i3 core inside) the commands cause lots of errors.

I have attached the photos of my terminal for reference.

Also, I'm pretty new to linux so try to not give too technical answers :oops:

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-12-20 11-41-59.png
    Screenshot from 2020-12-20 11-41-59.png
    744.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Screenshot from 2020-12-20 13-11-50.png
    Screenshot from 2020-12-20 13-11-50.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 347
Last edited:

It looks like it's stuck at trying to resolve ipv6. Trying use wget -4 yoururl.example.com.
Also it looks like the wget command was just an example to show your problem since you second screenshot shows that you are trying to install from a PPA. So if using wget -4 works you could try disabling ipv6 on your system.

It looks like it's stuck at trying to resolve ipv6. Trying use wget -4 yoururl.example.com.
Also it looks like the wget command was just an example to show your problem since you second screenshot shows that you are trying to install from a PPA. So if using wget -4 works you could try disabling ipv6 on your system.

Thanks for the reply but the problem got resolved by itself. This time I had left the terminal on when it kept saying "failed to connect" and then it suddenly got connected to the server and downloaded my required files! :) (I think the "failed to connect error" might be happening due to poor connection at my location and the laptop being old)

Glad the problem is solved! :)

Members online

Latest posts