What applications in Kali are you using most often?

I am DEFINITELY going to be coming back to this one, after I have had more experience with The Death Goddess.

For now, the facetious answer is:

The ones they don't have installed by default.

I am using Kali 17.1 Rolling, and had to install LibreOffice, Synaptic, and a number of others, just to reach my comfort zone.

It looks extraordinarily interesting, so I will be back when I have added value on the Kali-specific apps, which is what I expect you are looking for, input-wise?

Cheers all

Wizard

I am DEFINITELY going to be coming back to this one, after I have had more experience with The Death Goddess.

For now, the facetious answer is:

The ones they don't have installed by default.

I am using Kali 17.1 Rolling, and had to install LibreOffice, Synaptic, and a number of others, just to reach my comfort zone.

It looks extraordinarily interesting, so I will be back when I have added value on the Kali-specific apps, which is what I expect you are looking for, input-wise?

Cheers all

Wizard
Death Goddess? Pray tell what is that?:confused:

From Wikipedia

Kālī (/ˈkɑːli/; Sanskrit: काली), also known as Kālikā (Sanskrit: कालिका), is a Hindu goddess. Kali is one of the ten Mahavidyas, a list which combines Sakta and Buddhist goddesses.

Kali is always depicted as having at least four arms, often more, as shown below

hoFxPVd.png

Given the penetration testing/hacking nature of Kali Linux, I would be surprised if the Devs did not have her in mind, lol.

Wizard

BTW - question from a newbie here - are we OK with leaving in hyperlinks on quoted materials? I figure Wikipedia should be pretty safe. At my previous Forum they were a bit anal about linking to offsite venues, but if that is the case here, then overstrike "anal" and replace with "cautious" :rolleyes:

Edited - added BTW

Last edited:
BTW - question from a newbie here - are we OK with leaving in hyperlinks on quoted materials? I figure Wikipedia should be pretty safe. At my previous Forum they were a bit anal about linking to offsite venues, but if that is the case here, then overstrike "anal" and replace with "cautious" :rolleyes:

I think we're good.. i've never had an issue w/ linking to off-site information if it'll help the users..

Just downloaded 2017.2 (32 bit) a few days ago. I have yet to install it, but I will when time allows. Forensic Toolkit was recommended to me, but I don't normally (?) run in a Windows environment, so I will dabble with Kali in my spare time. I need to do some reading up on it before I boot it for the first time. Who knows, I may even learn something:eek:.

Happy Trails,:)
Paul

when I used Kali the apps I used the most were the same ones I use now with parrot, Terminal and Firefox. Unless I don't have an internet connection...then wifite, aircrack-ng and reaver (I didn't say that!)

Members online