What are enp6s0, lo, wlp5s0, lobal>, global>?

KGill wrote:
I've also heard lots of good things about startpage.com
Yes, I think startpage is a good browser. Using startpage gets the same search results as google in my tests, without the tracking. Startpage appears to be a de-googled google, and they claim to obtain google search results anyway. They have other features for even more privacy which I haven't used. They are based in the Netherlands which is technically outside some US snooping laws, but "good luck" with that aspect. Another effective browser in my case is searx. It's a meta-search engine which uses multiple search engines. It can be installed, but I rather use it from a website that provides it as a service. A list of such websites is at https://searx.space/. Searx yields different results to google which are sometimes surprisingly relevant.

Another effective browser in my case is searx.

Now 'searx' is a name I don't see trotted out often. I didn't realize they had their own browser. I can't seem to find it. I'd test that! I'm always in the mood to try a new browser. Depending on how long it has been since a clean install, I may have all the browsers installed. All of 'em! I only use a few and only test 'em out once in a while, but I end up with all of 'em.

Probably to give people time to change, especially those who have scripts that still use the deprecated command. That'd be my guess.

You can actually rename your network interfaces:

Ifconfig may be depreciated but I truly prefer it. The ip command can produce the same output but you need to use various switches to make it work. Ifconfig by default you can see the transmit and receive statistics/ error counters. The format of the output is a lot like the output of a Cisco show interface command. Just makes it easier when jumping from various pieces of equipment when troubleshooting. The new command "ip" probably does some new and improved things. When I run into things like this I try really hard to not believe that someone just scrambled the interface just to trip me up.... :)

Ifconfig may be depreciated but I truly prefer it. The ip command can produce the same output but you need to use various switches to make it work. Ifconfig by default you can see the transmit and receive statistics/ error counters. The format of the output is a lot like the output of a Cisco show interface command. Just makes it easier when jumping from various pieces of equipment when troubleshooting. The new command "ip" probably does some new and improved things. When I run into things like this I try really hard to not believe that someone just scrambled the interface just to trip me up.... :)
The ip command is basically just designed so that you get really specific information about your network devices and traffic and is entirely dependent on arguments...you use "ip -s link ls [device]" to show errors and packet loss, but i haven't seen any problems with ifconfig so far, it's apparently obsolete but it still works...

Ifconfig may be depreciated but I truly prefer it.

Those are some valid points.

It might still keep working into the future. You can always hope, I suppose.

Those are some valid points.

It might still keep working into the future. You can always hope, I suppose.
I am guessing so since it is really part of a group of tools. If not as we all do we break down and figure out how to do it some other way..

Members online