What Email Do You Use?

This Is Temporary

Reaction score
Credits
I've been replying in the Internet Browser thread, I want to check out what people are using for their Email. I've been having a hard time finding a good Email Provider.

I use Tutanota, if you use it for free its basically Gmail but more secure. It's UI is a little hard to get used to, but I like it.

It's the new style.

Gmail is all I've ever used and it works great and I never have problems with it.

I don't use any email service I just go to gmail and type my login and password and I'm in.

Microsoft Outlook (not the client, just the free email service). I use the Kmail client most of the time, but I also like the Outlook web interface.

THUNDERBIRD MAIL

Mozilla Thunderbird

Description
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free and open-source cross-platform email client, news client, RSS, and chat client developed by the Mozilla Foundation. The project strategy was modeled after that of the Mozilla Firefox web browser. Wikipedia

License: MPL 2.0
Initial release date: 2004
Developer(s): Mozilla Foundation (formerly Mozilla Messaging); MZLA Technologies Corporation
Stable release: 68.8.1 (May 22, 2020; 2 days ago)
Preview release: 77.0 Beta 3 (May 18, 2020; 6 days ago)
Written in: C, C++, JavaScript, Cascading Style Sheets, Rust, XBL

I have been using it since 2009 (approx)

Brilliant

I use it to access gmail (imap, not pop)
It just ....Works.

I have 34 separate folders to hold emails relating to different people/topics etc

Simple to set up

Google complains that I am making google less secure by granting Thunderbird access to gmail.....
To me that is like the pot calling the kettle black

i have no problems with it at all.

If it's email provider, that's a tough one. Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo are the obvious ones but if you are privacy conscious, they aren't suitable. Protonmail seems to be the best of the lot if you need free.I'd like to know which free ones are good too. Tutanota is not suitable because the free version has crippled search.

I use Zoho with my own domain, and as clients, Thunderbird on the computers and Spark on my iPhone.

I also have mutt configured.

Thunderbird and gmail, like Brian above

Wizard

I’m using ProtonMail for my main email provider. But I have an old gmail account that I use for signing up to websites and things.

That way my Gmail gets spammed with marketing crap and my protonmail is used for private correspondence.

I have the ProtonMail and Gmail apps on my phone, but on my laptop, I access my emails via my browser. I don’t bother installing clients like kmail, evolution or thunderbird any more!

I used to have mutt set up in the terminal too, but I removed it. I rarely bother with email any more. There are plenty of instant messaging/chat applications/services for more casual communications. I mostly only use email for formal communications nowadays. So I’m happy using my browser, or the apps on my phone!

Members online