What is /snap/gtk-common-themes/1514 ; /snap/gnome-3-28-1804/145;

Shahriar R

Reaction score
Credits
Hi
I am using ubuntu 18.04 on vps. I just run some script from my ubuntu terminal. Why ami I seeing something related to gnome??Is there any thing unnecessary I am running?? (I am new to linux)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27.6 KB · Views: 491

Those snap packages AFAIK, you either installed them using the snap command or those came with the default installation. What's a snap package?

Yes.I installed chromium using snap command. But then I uninstalled it.Now when I use 'snap list' it shows command not found. Then why am i seeing these?How canI get rid of them?Will this harm my system?

Seems these are part of the default snapd installation.
Code:
core18             20201210            1944   latest/stable    canonical✓  base
gnome-3-34-1804    0+git.3556cb3       66     latest/stable/…  canonical✓  -
gtk-common-themes  0.1-50-gf7627e4     1514   latest/stable/…  canonical✓  -
snap-store         3.38.0-59-g494f078  518    latest/stable/…  canonical✓  -
snapd              2.48.2              10707  latest/stable    canonical✓  snapd
Seems like snap forgot to remove the filesystem used for chromium, you can probably either unmount it yourself or reboot the system. Try this:
Code:
sudo umount /snap/chromium/1424
Then reboot boot, if it appears again it means you didn't uninstall the snap correctly.

Well I get rid of them with :

sudo umount /snap/core/xxxx
sudo apt purge snapd

Is anything there which unnecessarily hogging memory??

Thank you very much.

If you only have a small amount of memory then it can't hurt to remove snapd, not sure how much memory it takes. If you want a light system you could use the alternative installer and then build your system from there.

Members online