What is the best FIle Sharing App for Linux?

davidd

Reaction score
Credits
I want to know what is the best file sharing application for linux?

Google came up with....https://www.ubuntupit.com/best-file-sharing-software-for-linux/
confused0006.gif

There are a boatload of torrent clients available

Among them is qbittorrent, which also has a search engine. (enabled via view)
Be aware that downloading anything directly via any of the search engines can attract the "wrong" attention.

@davidd ....this may also be of interest

The Invisible Internet Project is an anonymous network layer that allows for censorship-resistant, peer-to-peer communication. Anonymous connections are achieved by encrypting the user's traffic, and sending it through a volunteer-run network of roughly 55,000 computers distributed around the world.Wikipedia

Last edited:
Condobloke I actually had no idea that Qbittorrent had an internal search engine in the software--thanks a lot. The only irritation I am having with it is that I can't seem to get the names of torrents to list out in full. For example look at this screen shot. The names of the torrents don't fully list out its like filename... I think I have to resize the name column.

edit:

Sorry it wasnt rocket science just had to drag the column.
Screenshot from 2022-12-27 14-30-24.png

Last edited:
a connection via a good vpn before opening qbittorrent is mandatory.

I know I only got 3 copy right infingement emails from my internet service provider in the last 48 hours now im in trouble...

Videotron has been notified of an alleged violation of the Copyright Act committed via the IP address assigned to your account. We are required by law to send you this notice, which you will find enclosed.
In sending you this notice, Videotron is acting as an intermediary on behalf of the copyright holder. We are therefore not in a position to offer advice on this notice nor to verify its content or validity.
The copyright holder may impose a fee to settle the alleged dispute. Before taking any action, we suggest that you contact a legal advisor.
Please note that we have not sent any of your personal information to the copyright holder or its representatives and we will only share that information should we receive an order issued by a judge.
Lastly, we recommend that you:
• secure all access to your wireless Internet network to prevent a third party from using it without your consent;
• inform any users of your Internet service of the enclosed notice.
Videotron and its Customer Service team have no other information regarding this notice. For more information, visit
http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca02920.html.
Videotron Internet Security

Do not reply in any way

Search: copyright infringement notices

Torrents are not the same as file sharing apps to share personal files. If you are going to be downloading torrents, use a vpn service so you isp can't track your internet traffic and therefore not forward your information so you can get notices like the ones you got.

Last edited:
Have you confirmed that it's really from your ISP? Check the email address that it was sent from, as a good starting point.

transmission has always worked fine for me, no need for anything else.
I know I only got 3 copy right infingement emails from my internet service provider in the last 48 hours now im in trouble...

Videotron has been notified of an alleged violation of the Copyright Act committed via the IP address assigned to your account. We are required by law to send you this notice, which you will find enclosed.
In sending you this notice, Videotron is acting as an intermediary on behalf of the copyright holder. We are therefore not in a position to offer advice on this notice nor to verify its content or validity.
The copyright holder may impose a fee to settle the alleged dispute. Before taking any action, we suggest that you contact a legal advisor.
Please note that we have not sent any of your personal information to the copyright holder or its representatives and we will only share that information should we receive an order issued by a judge.
Lastly, we recommend that you:
• secure all access to your wireless Internet network to prevent a third party from using it without your consent;
• inform any users of your Internet service of the enclosed notice.
Videotron and its Customer Service team have no other information regarding this notice. For more information, visit
http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca02920.html.
Videotron Internet Security
Yeah you need a VPN or only torrent through mobile internet (for some reason they can't trace that), they use honeypot torrents to find out information about people seeding things.

Can anyone reccomend a VPN?

I've used NordVPN for ages. However, I only use it as a browser plugin. I don't screw around with the rest.

You can set it to route all traffic through it (nordvpn c in the terminal, if you have the terminal app installed) and you can get the manual configuration thing going and just apply it to your torrent client, assuming it allows a manual VPN configuration.

Wow thanks for hooking me up with ProtonVPN I thought i'd have to pay for it but a FREE VPN man thats awesome! Thanks
By the way how can I test if the VPN is actually working or not?

Members online