What is the most Private Linux Distro?

OP
A

aoib578

Reaction score
Credits
@SlowCoder
I'm not sure about your ISP, but my ISP provides a firewall as part of the router. So I'm already as secure as my ISP wants me to be, which is usually allow outbound connections, deny incoming connections. So, do I need another firewall on top of that? I don't think so. But every layer of security makes you stronger.
My ISP's router is the latest and has firewall builtin too.

So, it won't hurt you to have a hardware firewall, if you feel it's necessary or helpful. Or if you just want to futz around with it.
Honestly, it either adds substantial security and privacy, or i won't even bother :)
I don't have time to waste with such things.
I'll have a call with someone from a security company selling computer equipment, to have this figured out.

Brickwizard

Reaction score
Credits
I'll have a call with someone from a security company selling computer equipment, to have this figured out.
I have been using linux for 20 odd years, I have been using what is now called the internet since the days when a 3kbs dial up modem was considered high speed, I have only one further comment on this topic.
NO computer system is secure, security comes from the personal habits of the person using the keyboard.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Linux.org Hosting Donations
Consider making a donation