What is your favorite font or font family?

Attachments

• font.png
    font.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 197

It pained me to press "like" on that post, @captain-sensible!

It's like comic-sans. I've been known to back out of a site using that font.

Back when I still owned my company, one of our long-term contracts (the COO of the corporation) would contact us with emails in comic-sans or some handwriting script font that I can't recall the name of. It annoyed me to no end and I'm not usually all that easily annoyed.

its a good fit though, maybe for a young fashion designer web site "arty and as you allude to appeal to those still in their youth like my daughter"

Oh, it'd be fine for some sites, but business communique and informative tech sites is pretty much the ones where I'd frown. It screams, "I'm a 12 year old girl and like ponies!"

careful you will have half the guest chasing:D you

LOL Chasing me with purple comic-sans!

Hmm... The closest font we have here is Trebuchet MS.

I have always favored Comic Sans, but rarely do you find it available on forums.

emails in comic-sans or some handwriting script font
Those type of fonts I only use for sending letters, snail mail that is, to close kin or very good friends to give them a more personlised letter as I do have a very neat copperplate or running writing hand. As on the computer I can adjust the size of the font, thus saving weight and paper when the letter goes Par Avion.
To write by hand and in a small size takes time as I write slower but my normal writing speed there seems less words on a page.

Other than that I mainly just use the default font on the site I am writing on. On Libre office I just use Liberation Serif as it does not have the font I like that I use in Open Office Bookman and Georgia fonts

It has been a long, long time since I've sent a personal snail mail.

Slightly more private and secure than by electronic means and more personal ;)

If memory serves correctly, the last time I wrote a snail mail was when a buddy was incarcerated.

Members online