• We did not send an email asking for donations - please read this post.

What Printers Are Best For Linux?

B

Brett C

The Linux Distro that I will be using is Zorin OS 9 when it comes out. However, I will need a printer that will work with Linux. (Ubuntu).

Normally, I use an all in one printer. So I will need it to scan and save the scan as PDF. I am not looking to have special code written just to have this to work or have commands in place.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

OP
P

pane-free

I recently bought a n Epson WF-3540 and am very pleased with it. They have gone down about $40 since I bought mine, too -- to around $120

OP
R

ryanvade

I have an Epson Stylus CX 8400. The ink is terribly priced but from an OS standpoint it works well with Linux. As long as the escpr driver is used.

OP
K

Kryyll

My HP cheapo printer works great with all the Linux distros that I've played with! (Haven't try with Gentoo yet) it even does the wireless nicely

OP
R

rko25118

So far Mint 16, zorin 8 and netrunner all see my wireless HP 6520 with no problems.

OP
P

printon3d

Wireless printers work well on linux or any other OP. And as for printing you don't have to scan and save as a pdf file, printing comes very easy.

OP
R

rstanley

Stay away from all Canon printers. It is possible that some might work, but none that I have encountered were compatible. I agree with @arochester, HP works best.

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I'm going to carve off #10 to #24 and move them to a new Thread credited to Charlie. This thread began nearly 8 and a half years ago, and was revived yesterday, and I think it may have confused some of the helpers already.

It will be in Linux Hardware, see y'all there.

Wizard

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Linux.org Hosting Donations
Consider making a donation

Members online