What's the best Stout you've ever tasted?

LOL I am already happily married.

Tonight seems like a good night for rum with an ice cube. Now to pick one...
I feel cheated in more than one way. >_<

I feel cheated in more than one way. >_<

She doesn't drink rum unless it's in a fruity drink, but she does like peppermint schnapps quite a bit.

I'm no longer a young lad. One of the things I've been able to accomplish is having a fairly well-stocked bar and a separate liquor cabinet. I couldn't manage that when I was younger! (I have a game room, an excuse to have a pool table, with a bar. We did weekly pool tournaments prior to the pandemic but haven't done any for a while.)

She doesn't drink rum unless it's in a fruity drink, but she does like peppermint schnapps quite a bit.
Try checking these out then.

I'm no longer a young lad.
Neither am I. I think I've hit my midlife crisis. Is that what they say about being in your 30s?

having a fairly well-stocked bar and a separate liquor cabinet. I couldn't manage that when I was younger! (I have a game room, an excuse to have a pool table, with a bar. We did weekly pool tournaments prior to the pandemic but haven't done any for a while.)
I don't own a bar, but I always have three bottles of rum on hand. If you like hot drinks like tea or lomumba, you should try Stroh rum (80%). I think it goes well with those drinks. I drank it a lot when I was in Austria. Good stuff!

Is that what they say about being in your 30s?

I was slow getting going. I joined the Marines, twice. I'm one of the rare folks that they took back. So, I got my doctorate but it took almost 16 years. Then, time passed way too quickly. I'd say my midlife crisis wasn't until the mid-90s, when I got divorced and bought a Viper.

Sadly, that was over fairly quickly. It was about the same time my kids realized I had better toys and moved in with me. I was the primary custodian. My Viper got sold for a Volvo wagon.

This was all a very short period of time, but that's where my midlife crisis was. I assume it varies for other people.

I'll pass along the list of cocktails.

Do you say "Yo Ho Ho!" when you open them?
No I say.
Yar har fiddle de de
Being a pirate is alright with me
Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free
You are a pirate.

Piracy is not something we condone or discuss on Linux.org!

Ha! Just kidding...

It's software piracy that we don't promote. So, carry on. Mostly we don't link to pirated content and the likes. We otherwise have no rules regarding piracy, though I suppose we officially don't support any type of piracy. I kinda doubt that any of us are in a position to become pirates.

I do have a paddle boat. I suppose that's a start.

Piracy is not something we condone or discuss on Linux.org!
then why is your song..

Oh, better far to live and die
Under the brave black flag I fly,
Than play a sanctimonious part,
With a pirate head and a pirate heart.
Away to the cheating world go you,
Where pirates all are well-to-do;
But I’ll be true to the song I sing,
And live and die a Pirate King.

[WS Gilbert & A Sullivan]

then why is your song..

Don't forget September 19, 2023. That's International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

I now kind of want a 'pirate flag' for my paddle boat.

Don't forget September 19, 2023. That's International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

I now kind of want a 'pirate flag' for my paddle boat.
"Talk Like a Pirate Day" was a thing at the company where I worked in the early 2000s. Anything that could serve as a fun and safe pressure relief at that typical tight-schedule high-pressure company was welcome.

Meetings on that day were insufferable.

"Talk Like a Pirate Day" was a thing at the company where I worked in the early 2000s. Anything that could serve as a fun and safe pressure relief at that typical tight-schedule high-pressure company was welcome.

Meetings on that day were insufferable.
That's precisely how a company should operate. It should maintain a professional atmosphere while also allowing for enjoyable moments at work. As long as employees don't go overboard and maintain professionalism when it matters, a balance between work and fun can contribute to a positive and productive work environment.

I wonder how the Westly, (The Dread Pirate Roberts) feels about this pirate talk?!? I'm sure Fezzik doesn't mind, not sure about Princess Buttercup. Not to mention,Ingo Montoya

And if you've never seen The Princess Bride... That's inconceivable!!! :oops:

Members online