When I try to install Ubuntu 22.04 LTs ACPI errors occur. How do I fix it?

Lahiru Kavinda

Reaction score
Credits
photo_2022-10-04_02-55-28.jpg

Hello and Welcome to Linux.org.
We will need a bit more information about your system to be of much help.
1. What machine are you using? Make and model # if you know nothing else.
2. Do these errors happen in the Live session? and do they stop the machine from booting?
3. Have you turned off secure boot and fast boot in the Bios?
4. What is the video card in this machine.
5. A lot of acpi errors can be ignored if the system will boot normally and run without problems.

Thank you very much for your reply friend.

1) product name : HP Laptop 15-da0xxx
BIOS version: F.36
Processor type: i7-8550U @ 1.80GHz
BIOS mode: UEFI

2)These errors occurs when trying to install Ubuntu using bootable pen drive. Exactly when click the Ubuntu(safe graphics) option. ( My attempt was dual boot the machine).
These errors didn’t stop the machine from booting. However Ubuntu was installed. But I am not sure whether it was installed correctly.
Because each time that I open the Ubuntu, initially some errors occurs like above set of errors. But eventually log into Ubuntu interface come. But it’s color is not as the usual one(not purple color). It’s color is grey. But I can log into the Ubuntu. So I have a doubt whether it is functioning correctly.

3) I turned off secure boot. But I could not turned off the fast boot. Because I could not find the fast boot option when I searching the BIOS menu.

4) NVIDIA Video Card

Should I worry about those errors?
I can log into the Ubuntu. And I did some works using it. But I don’t know whether it is installed correctly and will be functioning normally even though those kind of error message occurred.
I would be much great full if you give some solution to this.

Last edited:
I would not worry about the ACPI errors at this point.
The problem with your graphics is the Nvidia card. You will have to install the correct driver for your card.
I'm not on Ubuntu at the moment but believe there should be a tab in the software install that says something like additional drivers. click on that and see if it offers you a recommended driver to install. It will depend upon the card model and chip set.
Perhaps someone will come along that has a running ubuntu install to be of more help.
If you don't find it there do a search for additional driver tool.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums,
there are several possible problems you may be having,
as eluded by @kc1di did you tick the box for installing nonfree drivers when you tried to install,
what application did you use to burn the ISO to the pendrive [Rufus is known to be problematic, try Etcher https://www.balena.io/etcher]
use a good quality branded pen-drive [old/worn budget ones they are fine for normal use, but known to be unreliable with ISO's]
for a general guide to installing, see my signature
If it's a Windows 8/10/11 machine, make sure you disable fast boot [usually in the BIOS] and secure boot then re-boot the machine before you continue.
if you have driver problems after a successful installation, we can guide you through the necessary fixes.

I would not worry about the ACPI errors at this point.
The problem with your graphics is the Nvidia card. You will have to install the correct driver for your card.
I'm not on Ubuntu at the moment but believe there should be a tab in the software install that says something like additional drivers. click on that and see if it offers you a recommended driver to install. It will depend upon the card model and chip set.
Perhaps someone will come along that has a running ubuntu install to be of more help.
If you don't find it there do a search for additional driver tool.
Good luck.
Thank you very much friend for your help.

Welcome to the forums,
there are several possible problems you may be having,
as eluded by @kc1di did you tick the box for installing nonfree drivers when you tried to install,
what application did you use to burn the ISO to the pendrive [Rufus is known to be problematic, try Etcher https://www.balena.io/etcher]
use a good quality branded pen-drive [old/worn budget ones they are fine for normal use, but known to be unreliable with ISO's]
for a general guide to installing, see my signature
If it's a Windows 8/10/11 machine, make sure you disable fast boot [usually in the BIOS] and secure boot then re-boot the machine before you continue.
if you have driver problems after a successful installation, we can guide you through the necessary fixes.
Thank you very much friend for the reply.

I am not sure whether I clicked nonfree drivers. But I used Rufus to burn the ISO to pendrive. I’ll try again following your instructions. I will let you know if some problem occurs after installation. Thank you very much friend for your help.

The post #6 by Expirion, works.

Members online