Mike13Foxtrot

Reaction score
Credits

TheProf

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
My username theprof was used by my students a while back when I used to teach Microsoft Certification courses... It kind of stuck since then... in my current job, I am always meeting with customers and doing workshops around DevOps tooling, so I continue the path of education and so I figured I'd keep that handle :)

gvisoc

Reaction score
Credits
I kind of thought that I had already posted in this thread, but for some reason the little ugly face from me is not showing on it, so I may have not.

gvisoc comes from my real name and family names, in plural: several non-english countries have 2 family names, one from the dad and another from the mum, as women don't give up their name when they marry. I had gone with just gviso until one day I found a service where that one was already taken, so I added the c.

I guess the underlying piece of info is that I never go anonymous in the interwebs. I do believe that privacy is a fundamental right, yes, but to me is different from anonimacy: prvacy means that I should be in control of what is known from me. And for me, folks knowing my name and face is generally fine.

Nik-Ken-Bah

Reaction score
Credits
I'm slow at learning, I use Linux 1 year and I have learned some basic things so far.
G'day and welcome.
I too am a slow learner but having shoved a few trades under my belt in my lifetime the main thing I learnt is that everything is built from the basics. As you gain more confidence with the basics you will find the more complex is less frightening thus easier to learn and understand.
As @old timer said the more you use it the more you learn.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!