Where do i need to open port when using VPN? (torrent passive seeder)

postcd

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

the torrent tracker i am part of says i am Passive kind of seeder and not Active and thus i can only connect Active peers not Passive. I read that it mean i need to open port. But i am not sure where i need to open it so i seek Your advise and possibly explanation why? Thank you

This is my setup:

Code:
torrent peer that attempt to connect me
                           |
OpenVPN server (Linux CentOS 7)
                           |
                Home router
                           |
         Windows 10 computer with Comodo firewall
                           |
Torrent client in which i can define port number used for incoming connections

Can i open it example only on VPN server or is necessary to open it on all 3 spots (vpn server, router, computer firewall)?

Hello,

the torrent tracker i am part of says i am Passive kind of seeder and not Active and thus i can only connect Active peers not Passive. I read that it mean i need to open port. But i am not sure where i need to open it so i seek Your advise and possibly explanation why? Thank you

This is my setup:

Code:
torrent peer that attempt to connect me
                           |
OpenVPN server (Linux CentOS 7)
                           |
                Home router
                           |
         Windows 10 computer with Comodo firewall
                           |
Torrent client in which i can define port number used for incoming connections

Can i open it example only on VPN server or is necessary to open it on all 3 spots (vpn server, router, computer firewall)?

First thing you are going to have to do is figure out what port the torrent is looking for. Their documentation should tell you this. Once you have that you are going to have to ensure that traffic can traverse you network to the client. Since this is an incoming connection you are most likely going to have to open up every firewall mand ensure that it is only open to your client.

Members online