Which Linux do you use?

0cd7RxV.gif

(Wizard appears in a puff of smoke, sets fire to the carpet, stamps it out, looks around to see if the wife saw, phew, no)

No problem, mate. I just told her about the carpet! :D:D

Last edited:

Debian Stable :)

Fedora and Fedberry
My Pi 4 had to go with Raspbian (Debian for Raspberry Pi)

Manjaro, right now, but I have used many, Slack, RedHat (and Fedora when RedHat no longer was free), Ubuntu, Mint, Mandriva, but for now I seem to be stuck on Manjaro.
Debian stable on my two servers.

Last edited:
I use Fedora, Ubuntu, and Manjaro. I like to be close to the bleeding edge. Mate desktop on all three. With dev versions (Fedora, Ubuntu), come the more than occasional breakages, but I keep at least one fully working at all times.

Mainly Ubuntu based distros. At the moment I am using Ubuntu Mate. In a few months I will try something different. That's what I love about Linux.

At the moment I have Mint 19.2 and win7 ultimate on two separate HD's. But when ReactOS becomes more functional will ditch win7 and replace it with ReactOS.
At a later date may install a fourth HDD to play around with other distros.
I like the Cinnamon desktop easy to use and to my mind very reminiscent of very early windows desktops like 3.1. The OS itself has everything I require for what I do on a computer.

MX Linux 18.2 like 80% of the time. TAILS and Kodachi (as LiveCD) the remaining time.
G'day and welcome @Sigma333
What is MX Linux like to run? Just curious about the distros and the users perception of them.

G'day and welcome @Sigma333
What is MX Linux like to run? Just curious about the distros and the users perception of them.

I had done test drives with about twenty distros over the past few years, before trying out MX Linux. None were beginner-friendly for a Windows expat. A few (like Puppy Linux) would not even connect to the internet on its own, and I was never able to guess how to force the wizard (or whatever) to connect. Puppy I wasted about a month fooling with, and after that I was pretty much ready to chuck Linux to the dumpster. I happened to be looking over Youtube reviews of distros, watched a couple on MX Linux, and decided to give it a try. Bought a LiveCd off OSDisc, looked over its instructions...here they are online:

....and later took it for a spin. Been using it every day since. No intention of ever giving up my XP Pro, but that was never the plan. I just wanted to learn another OS. Granny always said it's a fool that puts all the eggs in one basket. My perception of MX Linux is it is the easiest of all the distros I tried. Robolinux is second-place (a bit less intuitive). As for what it is like, these Youtube reviews should give an idea:

Or you can sorta take it for a spin yourself here: https://distrotest.net/ Not as good as a test drive in LiveCD mode, but should do the job. While I'm on about it, I want to give a plug to Kodachi Linux. It (along with TAILS) are the best distros for privacy, security and just exploring the Darknet. Also happens to be easy enough for a Windows user to figure out. Of course Kodachi and TAILS are only intended for use in LiveCD mode, while MX Linux is also suitable for install.

Welcome Buiu,
I am a newby here myself.
I have about 12 different distros on my test computer - an Acer laptop that I use for experimenting.
My favorite goes back to Linux Mint - Mate, as it is the one I am most familiar with.
Old Geezer
TC

I am currently downloading open mandriva as I used mandrake in 2000!
I have an amilo pro v2060 laptop with puppy linux and windows 7. Windows has no sound support and no hd video driver and puppy linux has problems. I have 2gb ram and a pentium m 1.7 ghz and intel 900 gma video card and 300gb sata hdd.

I had been using Ubuntu since 2012 until now. Before this tried various distros and OS but finally back to Ubuntu.
OS that I've tried:
  • Windows.
  • Linux Mint.
  • Parrot Security OS.
  • Deepin OS.
I also have Manjaro and Garuda Linux installed on my second PC but I rarely use them.