Which one for a learning programmer?

Y

Yoe

Hello there, recently I've started learning PHP and MySQL. But I find using my Windows machine a bit to distracting sometimes and wondered about setting up another computer to run Linux just for the purpose of coding on without distractions

Is this a good idea do you think? and if so with so many different Linux OS's which do I go for? I'm not after fancy features just want somewhere I can setup PHP and MySQL

Thanks

Hello there, recently I've started learning PHP and MySQL. But I find using my Windows machine a bit to distracting sometimes and wondered about setting up another computer to run Linux just for the purpose of coding on without distractions

Is this a good idea do you think? and if so with so many different Linux OS's which do I go for? I'm not after fancy features just want somewhere I can setup PHP and MySQL

Thanks

Yeah sure its not a bad idea at all :) , go for it !:) I would suggest you that you set up a Ubuntu or Kubuntu OS :).

I recommend Linux Mint.

Linux Mint is a Linux distribution that is very stable.

Other distros may need some experience when working with their individual quirks.

But Linux Mint is stable and for new users it helps.

Eventually a Linux user may find that another distribution is better suited for their needs and provides advanced features that require at the very least intermediary expertise in using those advanced features.

But if you are new, I recommend Linux Mint to help you get started.

Linux Mint will run a basic LAMP setup for a localhost.

I recommend Linux Mint.

Linux Mint is a Linux distribution that is very stable.

Other distros may need some experience when working with their individual quirks.

But Linux Mint is stable and for new users it helps.

Eventually a Linux user may find that another distribution is better suited for their needs and provides advanced features that require at the very least intermediary expertise in using those advanced features.

But if you are new, I recommend Linux Mint to help you get started.

Linux Mint will run a basic LAMP setup for a localhost.

I must start by saying that I like Linux Mint. It's a beautiful piece of work. In fact, I was using it for a while. Until I found out that I could install Ubuntu, then add in the desktop environments like XFCE and LXDE and I would get something like Linux Mint. Actually, by doing it this way, I have more choice.

Staff online