Which the distro Linux is for beginner

• Thread starter Deleted member 92873
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the installation go?

Hard time to install Linux mint with my Hp laptop unable to allow me to do cause of no disk on it , Oh no way I have hard drive in my hp laptop and it say unable find your disk on you pc. then I do reboot 10 window fresh again .. look good with 10 window but I didn't boot Linux mint yet because if I do it again then would take me forever in min, hour, to do reboot for that. but right now I wait for some answer for the step n step I did read it but I didn't do it which I m still hold up till tomorrow then I would do it again … I m still watch youtube on my smart tv Samsung now though... I am doing good , positive think hard work … you?

Did you shrink your Windows 10 partition to make room for your Linux Mint install?

Yes-

Shrink your Windows 10 partition about 1/2 the size it is and that way you will have room for Linux Mint.

Ok . I have some information how to shirk to do with it. I would take time to do maybe later in afternoon .. I have to do something though … have a goof day.....

Did you shrink your Windows 10 partition to make room for your Linux Mint install?

I do it , I make sure that I shrink it and what is next do with a linux mint file to where ? do you have a information video . I get few wrong video how to shrinkn it and linux mint .. I try it and failed. give me some information ... a little example how to do ..

What size is your Windows 10 partition?

here is a pic show where my window 10 partition , check attachment to view a pic show

Screenshot (1).png

Your screenshot shows that your Windows partition is 882.05 GB.
Half of the 882.05 is 441.00 GB.
So you can shrink your Windows partition when your ready.

I got my hands on my wifes laptop for 20 minutes :you probably only need circa 35 gig for windows ten. I don't know how you got to that gui but you can get to it by putting diskmgmt.msc in magnifying spyglass icon.
First i would do a degrag . put the word degrag into search , it shows an optimize button

To shrink a partition right click on the mouse on ..hang on i need to see your image (hate windows !!) right click on the 800 gig partition it will bring up a mini menu/dialog menu . you can play with menu.lets us know if you manage to shrink

Last edited:
I got my hands on my wifes laptop for 20 minutes :you probably only need circa 35 gig for windows ten. I don't know how you got to that gui but you can get to it by putting diskmgmt.msc in magnifying spyglass icon.
First i would do a degrag . put the word degrag into search , it shows an optimize button

To shrink a partition right click on the mouse on ..hang on i need to see your image (hate windows !!) right click on the 800 gig partition it will bring up a mini menu/dialog menu . you can play with menu.lets us know if you manage to shrink

Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg

that I did shirk it or I might wrong shirk .. that is nightmare to do it cause the window doesn't like my food …. 2nd nightmare I unable reset with bios then went bios pw org to get code to unlock .. then the photo of the blue bios number why is that with i a letter with number?
B07413A1-8C1D-43AD-B606-B6B3D231FB71.jpeg
not

Then try that number see if it could another number from bio. Pw. Reset web then nothing happens to get into bios. Setup.....

Last edited by a moderator:
so did you try reboot and then try these passwords:
CNU1234ABC

or are you saying you unlocked it?

Last edited:
f
so did you try reboot and then try these passwords:
CNU1234ABC

or are you saying you unlocked it?

Not yet. Wait for download finish then see what happen when I reboot then not work 3 time failure. No unlock. LOCKED.

4C78975F-ECDE-41D9-B318-E7184CF78F1C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Email HP they say the motherboard might replace the new motherboard cost you 200.00. I cannot believe they say well what now. Hp & me

Well hope there will be some ideas from others. But just because a system can't boot doesn't mean that a motherboard is toast. There are ways of re-setting windows password .Also you can access the partitions on your laptop from an OS booted from a usb stick. on power down and cold boot if you hit : Common keys to enter the BIOS are F1, F2, F10, Delete, Esc can you get up BIOS menu ?

Well hope there will be some ideas from others. But just because a system can't boot doesn't mean that a motherboard is toast. There are ways of re-setting windows password .Also you can access the partitions on your laptop from an OS booted from a usb stick. on power down and cold boot if you hit : Common keys to enter the BIOS are F1, F2, F10, Delete, Esc can you get up BIOS menu ?

no not successful I m try another way nor is the motherboard. RIP?

04FA2441-20F8-448E-A04B-440EF5E5FEF2.jpeg

that I did shirk it or I might wrong shirk .. that is nightmare to do it cause the window doesn't like my food …. 2nd nightmare I unable reset with bios then went bios pw org to get code to unlock .. then the photo of the blue bios number why is that with i a letter with number? View attachment 5213not

Then try that number see if it could another number from bio. Pw. Reset web then nothing happens to get into bios. Setup.....
If you need to reset the BIOS password this may be of some use;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online