Who else loves the sound affects on Linux Mint or other distros?

CataclysmicGentleman

Reaction score
Credits
I enjoy the little things, hearing a sound affect whenever i open or close a window is quite delightful for me and I don't quite know why.
How about you?
1675207587564.png

Nope. Zero system sounds other than alarms.

Like you I enjoy event sounds as well.

When I boot my Linux Mint 21 it makes a neat sound once it's booted to the desktop.
My Linux Lite install on the Sony Viao has a cool event sound too.

However all the event sounds are disabled on my Slackware 15 install so I can concentrate.

I do not like nor need sound effects for ordinary computer operations. They are annoying distractions. I do not always bother to turn them off, however.

Aside from their entertainment value, what purpose do the sound effects serve? (Other than assisting persons with disabilities.)

(I have always listened to music while I work. When the family is sleeping, I have a nice headphone setup, but most of the time, I listen through cheap speakers on the desk. My tastes in music are eclectic; you name it and I probably have it, listen to it, and enjoy it.)

Silence is golden for me (from my pc, when it is doing what it should be doing....computing)

Nope, no desktop sounds for me. No wobbly windows, opacity, system-menus, launchers or other distracting, flashy nonsense either.

The only sounds I want coming from my PC are the sounds from any music, or videos I might be playing, any instruments I’ve got plugged in, or any urgent alarms I’ve set, using an alarm script that I wrote years ago!

When My computer boots to the desktop it plays 7 seconds of Star Wars or any other sound I choose.
m1212.gif

2023-02-06-16-03.png

I also think the new Mint 21.1 sounds are great too.
m1203.gif

Sound effects may be a great tool for drawing in your audience. I use these effects on my YouTube channel to improve the enjoyment of the video material. For a lil peep merch video, for instance, I employed an enthusiastic sound effect to draw in more viewers.

well the good part about linux is you get to pick whatever works best for you. for me feedback while computing is helpful. both visual and audio feedback. im unsure if its just because of who i am or because of mental peculiarities

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts