Why Librewolf is not mentioned?

Because I've downloaded it as an appimage before, I've never had it alert me about new updates (which would be helpful). Being that it looks like I have to download the newest version (as opposed to updating to it), would I have to transfer my bookmarks over to it?
they did not enable the app-image to update through the clt or the app-image launcher . if you want to update it u need download the latest. if you to download the flat pack it will update when the flat pack updates. LibreWolf Flat Pack

Last edited:

they did not enable the app-image to update through the clt or the app-image launcher . if you want to update it u need download the latest. if you to download the flat pack it will update when the flat pack updates. LibreWolf Flat Pack
So the Flatpak sounds like the better deal.
Well at least I can say I tried it and it was easy enough to remove.
I'll wait until it's available from the Linux repository's until then Firefox is good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll wait until it's available from the Linux repository's

If it isn't already, it may never be. The maintainers/devs (possibly/probably) don't want to have to package it for all the different distros. It's hours of overhead to do that, hours a NFP doesn't necessarily have.

That's one of the reasons they use flatpak, AppImage, or Snaps (though Snaps can now show up like regular software does in the Ubuntu releases).

Given how long LW has been around and available for Linux, I think it's safe to say that it's never going to end up in an official repo for the major distros (though someone kind may package it and submit it, like a PPA for Ubuntu). If they haven't opted to submit it to the various repos, they're not likely to suddenly start doing so.

ya not just LibreWolf, that goes for most app-images ,I was trying it look nothing more then a harden firefox which you can follow Firefox hardening guides that find on the internet and I under stand why you rather use your distro Linux repository. one thing to note install the extension Send to MPV player by Joe Ertaba. cause some video and sound codec do not work in browser. I still do not know why the op has to reinstall linux mint.

I still do not know why the op has to reinstall linux mint.
Here's why.
The OP seems to think that his system may be corrupt due to downloading LibreWolf on a Windows 7 OS that may have be corrupt as per the below post.

If LW is an appimage then what is the difference among LW, Vivaldi, and Brave? Brave and Vivaldi are not in the default repositories. I am using Brave for my Windows 7. I used Windows 7 to get the ISO for Mint, and I think my Windows 7 system is "corrupted".

Isn't the system now somewhat "corrupted" that I put an appimage on my Mint to get LW working? So this is why I am wiping the system and redo Mint.

So I have this question about getting things not in the default repositories. I put Qubes on my other system. I used Mint to download the ISO and and copied the ISO into a medium (flash drive), so what about this scenario? I have to redo the ISO for Qubes again.

Would this "corrupt" my Mint system? Should I wipe out Mint and redo it again after I have transferred the ISO to the medium?

So what other browsers that are found in the default repositories besides FF?

I posted this thread yesterday but it got no comments:

It's a neat tool to help you make your Firefox profile.
I've never had a Firefox profile never knew why I had to have and have been doing fine this long without having one why change now.

What advantage would having a Firefox profile offer a user or would that be better in a new thread topic.

I've never had a Firefox profile never knew why I had to have and have been doing fine this long without having one why change now.

What advantage would having a Firefox profile offer a user or would that be better in a new thread topic.
ya you do not need a Firefox profile. all it does stores your bookmarks, passwords and other user data as far how you got FireFox set up. That not what you want . you want your browser to delete the history cache/date and passwords data every time you close the browser we starting to get office topic better to make a new thread

I posted this thread yesterday but it got no comments:

97 views, though (I was 97th).

@nntn - regarding your Posts at #8 and #15 - no you do not need to reinstall your Mint, I will explain more on my tomorrow.

@old timer , on #27

You already have one, you just don't know where it is. ;)

More later.

Wizard

Your FF profile is usually found here
Code:
/home/<username>/.Mozilla/firefox/profiles
Or something close to that the location may vary between distros but that is usually close.

Your FF profile is usually found here
Code:
/home/<username>/.Mozilla/firefox/profiles
Or something close to that the location may vary between distros but that is usually close.
I'll do a search for it and see what I find.

I'll do a search for it and see what I find.
Mine is located at: /home/pi/.mozilla/firefox/bgticdwa.default-release

The letters before .default-release will vary.

You have one. You can have one that changes quite a few settings - including increasing privacy.

The link (should) make it more clear than I can.

(though someone kind may package it and submit it, like a PPA for Ubuntu)
AUR FTW!! Although I try to limit the packages I use from the AUR, that being the reason why I don't see the need the install Librewolf because Firefox is in the default repositories and there is nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:
I try to limit the packages I use from the AUR

LOL My original text was AUR but I decided PPAs were more popular/recognizable.

I'm generally pretty careful about which software I install - and how I install it.

LOL My original text was AUR but I decided PPAs were more popular/recognizable.

I'm generally pretty careful about which software I install - and how I install it.
I've noticed some of the not so mainstream Ubuntu base Linux distros use quite a few PPAs.
Interesting because I've read that some PPAs can go unmaintained and can be a security risk.

I've read that some PPAs can go unmaintained and can be a security risk.

They can indeed. It's a risk you take when using them. They're *personal* archives that we've kinda bastardized into a way to install 3rd party software. I usually check to make sure the PPA has regular activity before I consider adding it.

Members online