Why Linux users are insistent on Microsoft Office?

Launch any LO instance; writer, calc ... click on view > full screen or hit Ctrl + Shift + j, once in full screen mode, click on tools > options > advanced > expert settings and do the changes you need to.
I'll give it a try later on and if that doesn't change anything I remove the default version and install the latest version from LibreOffice website.

I don't use Office much and besides I've got other Linux computers and LibreOffice works 100% on those computers.

I appreciate your help and the suggestions. :)

Thanks. :)

Hello guys and gals,
I just finished installing the latest version of Libreoffice 7.1.1.2 from the LO website.
It does indeed have the Online Update feature, as per the ss I just now took.
I am using LM 20.1 MATE.
OG TC

SS.png

Good morning all,

I'm not sure what has changed nor am I certain if throughout all of the messing about trying to make changes with the LibreOffice update mode but all appears to be working without issues.

Received a few updates and did a few restarts and all is well so I'll leave well enough alone and see what happens.

Thanks again @stan and @Tolkem for the help and suggestions. :)

Perhaps off topic
but I have to say that Linux Mint 20.1 Xfce is an OK Linux distro in spite of a few minor quirks with the size of some windows fitting inside of the desktop.

Don't know if it has to do with the Xfce 4.14.2 WM or the 5.4.0-70-generic kernel.

I'll investigate this annoyance at a later date as it ain't a big a deal and can be lived with for now.

Members online

Latest posts