Why so small?

Granny Sue

Reaction score
Credits
Why so small?Here’s what I don’t get, Lenix is a pretty big deal and yet this forum doesn’t have near so many members as I would’ve expected. I would think by now you would have thousands of members. You don’t, and I don’t know why. I know you guys are wonderful at helping.

OK, I was just wondering…

G'day Granny :)

That's a fair question, and I'll come back to it with a few thoughts after I finish a couple of chores on my Sunday morning.

Someone else may happen along before I get back.

Cheers

C hris

First up, I guess is (to us, perhaps) obvious

...and yet this forum doesn’t have near so many members as I would’ve expected. I would think by now you would have thousands of members. You don’t, and I don’t know why.

What is the source of your idea of the figures?

1. Is it that you are at our main page with half a dozen articles at the top, latest Posts, and a side bar at right which features something like this?

JK47k1u.png

2. If that is so, then you should click the Forums Tab top left next to What's New, and there on the right-hand side you will see something like this

dmTxYfv.png

... so we are approaching 30,000 members.

Cheers

Wiz

Linux ain't for everyone for whatever the reason.

Perhaps some Windows users don't want to learn a different OS and have to find Linux software programs for the Windows software programs.

For those who are real gamers Linux does game as well as Windows in my experience although I'm not a real gamer.

Here's a good read.

This is only my 2 pennies worth. ;)

so we are approaching 30,000 members
And that is just since 2017 when the website was totally revamped and user count was zero'ed.

Still, you are right in that there are relatively few members logged in at any one given time. I rarely see over 10 members logged it at once, but there are typically 300-500 guests browsing the site. Many times people can search through our forums (the search box is handy) and find solutions to their problems without the need to log in and ask a specific question. The most frequent members logging in are those of us who try to help answer the various questions.... while those with questions rather come and go, it seems.

Last edited:
Thanks, Wizard and Atanere. I find this much more believable than what I was seeing, I don’t know where I got my numbers from but somehow I thought it was just a couple hundred or something. At any rate, it’s good to see that it’s much bigger than what I thought, not that that really matters because the help you give is one on one and I feel like I’m the only one here sometimes because you’re so wonderfully attentive. Atanere is absolutely great at this. Anyway, that was just my question and I thank you for your prompt answers.

if you take the description that Linux is actual the kernel, being the core of most systems then since its at the heart of Android phones i would say there are a lot of enthusiasts out there , its just that most of them don't know it yet

Makes sense to me. Thanks.

Members online