WiFi connection

BobB

Reaction score
Credits
Newbie using Mint Cinnamon 20. Logged in to connect wifi. On network page just wired and network proxy. How do I get list of available wifis?

G'day Bob, Welcome to Linux.org

Did you install from usb stick ?.....was there any question of installing additional drivers?

Click on menu...select Administration....then Driver Manager
Allow it to scan. Any result ?

If you encounter no joy there, try the suggestions on this page

Last edited:
Thankx Condobloke. I tried all suggestions and still my machine does not recognize any wifis including my iphone hotspot. There was a file on the usb stick but it said the file does not work and don't use it. I am at a loss. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

There was a file on the usb stick but it said the file does not work and don't use it
I am not understanding that.....is this a file on the usb which has LM20 on it?
You would have booted to this usb,.....did the wifi work there ? (before you actually installed)

Did the scan in Driver Manager show any result?

I would boot to the usb again, and install again. Just click through and this time accept the mystery file....can't do any harm. Worst scenario you may have to let it all install again!

The attached photo is the file on the usb that I used to load LM20. I have so far unsuccessfully tried to get a clean copy of the driver. Hopefully getting one that will solve the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1502.JPG
    IMG_1502.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 233
Just click in the circle beside the word version....and if Linux has the driver for that card it will install it for you.

Members online