Wifi Kali Linux

Riccijandro

Reaction score
Credits
i had a problem i have installed kali linux in my pc but at the moment it says there arent firmwares for that.
but i can conect to the net but i dont have internet, i tried with an usb wifi conector and its the same i can conect to teh red but i dont have internet, i cant use sudo apt update, so if someone knows how i can solve this problem or what iso can i do tellme

my wifi adapter is Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter and i dont even can conect trougth the wired lan. helpme :confused::rolleyes:

Moved to the Kali sub-forum...

How much experience of Linux do you have? Are you fully conversant with the terminal and the commands ?
If the answer to either question is not a lot or not very, Then you are not ready to run Kali, the distribution is so designed that to install and run Kali you must be fully experienced with both Linux and the terminal, to know how & where to find the drivers you need, and the terminal codes to install them, the official Kali forum won't even answer what they consider to be basic questions.

i had an other problem when i put sudo make install it doesnt work help
Most likely the reason sudo make install did not work due to a lack of build prerequisites make sure you have them installed first before building

This is from the official Kali pages,
While Kali Linux is architected to be highly customizable, do not expect to be able to add random unrelated packages and repositories that are “out of band” of the regular Kali software sources and have it Just Work. In particular, there is absolutely no support whatsoever for the apt-add-repository command, LaunchPad, or PPAs. Trying to install Steam on your Kali Linux desktop is an experiment that will not end well. Even getting a package as mainstream as NodeJS onto a Kali Linux installation can take a little extra effort and tinkering.

i had a problem i have installed kali linux in my pc but at the moment it says there arent firmwares for that.
but i can conect to the net but i dont have internet, i tried with an usb wifi conector and its the same i can conect to teh red but i dont have internet, i cant use sudo apt update, so if someone knows how i can solve this problem or what iso can i do tellme

my wifi adapter is Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter and i dont even can conect trougth the wired lan. helpme :confused::rolleyes:
Actually, This is kernal and Wi-Fi driver problem.
If you are suffering with kernal problem then reinstall your kernal by
$ sudo apt-get install $(uname -r)
And if you suffering from Wi-Fi driver problem then install it from synaptic or just follow this step

not to ask stupid question but why are people answering with
sudo apt update
sudo apt install firmware-realtek
sudo apt-get install $(uname -r)

when he said.
dont have internet, i cant use sudo apt update,
So that command would not work.
Personally, i would just see if my mobile phone pas through the internet via USB would work or see if i could get hold of a lan connection somewhere.

not to ask stupid question but why are people answering with
sudo apt update
sudo apt install firmware-realtek
sudo apt-get install $(uname -r)

when he said.

So that command would not work.
Personally, i would just see if my mobile phone pas through the internet via USB would work or see if i could get hold of a lan connection somewhere.
Maybe they thought since they have no WiFi that they might have CAT5E or CAT6

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online