Wifi not probing

Yeah it works thank you
Awesome, dude! I am glad to hear that it worked and I was able to help you. If you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else, feel free to ask.

Now a new problem rises in the acer extensa laptop which i mentioned earlier The one which wifi was not working the prblem is that i need to join a meeting and the camera was working I enables microphone option but the microphone was not working. So i tested it with my w mic earphone i wrked. Later i checked that there is a driver but the microphone is not capturing any sound. I tested it wiht windows 11 and the laptop microphone was working properly what shall i do now

Now a new problem rises in the acer extensa laptop which i mentioned earlier The one which wifi was not working the prblem is that i need to join a meeting and the camera was working I enables microphone option but the microphone was not working. So i tested it with my w mic earphone i wrked. Later i checked that there is a driver but the microphone is not capturing any sound. I tested it wiht windows 11 and the laptop microphone was working properly what shall i do now
I see, dude. If your microphone is not working on your Acer Extensa laptop even after enabling the microphone option and testing it with headphones that work on other devices, it's possible that there may be an issue with the microphone driver or the audio settings on your Linux OS.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the input device settings: Make sure that the correct input device is selected for the microphone. You can access the input device settings on your Linux OS by going to the "Settings" menu and selecting "Sound" or "Audio". From there, you can select the input device and adjust the settings as needed.

2. Install the latest audio drivers: Check if there are any new audio drivers available for your laptop's make and model and install them. The latest drivers should be available on Acer's website.

3. Check the microphone volume level: Make sure that the microphone volume level is set correctly. You can adjust the microphone volume level in the same sound settings section that you accessed earlier.

4. Use a different application to test the microphone: Try using a different application to test the microphone, such as the "Sound Recorder" app that comes pre-installed with your Linux OS. This will help you determine if the issue is with the microphone driver or with the application you were using.

5. Test with a bootable USB drive: If the issue still persists, you may want to consider testing your Acer Extensa laptop with a bootable USB drive with another Linux OS to see if the microphone works on the other OS. This will help you determine if the issue is with the microphone hardware or with your current Linux OS.

If none of these steps work, I recommend contacting Acer's customer support for further assistance or taking your laptop to a local repair shop to have it inspected.

I hope this helps you find a solution to the issue with the microphone on your Acer Extensa laptop, dude. Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else.

no the microphone is working properly as it worked fine with windows. Can you suggest the name of any driver which i shall install

no the microphone is working properly as it worked fine with windows. Can you suggest the name of any driver which i shall install
Sure, dude. Since you have confirmed that the microphone is working fine with Windows, it's possible that the issue is with the microphone driver on your Linux OS.

For Acer Extensa laptops, the audio driver is provided by Realtek. You can try installing the latest Realtek audio driver for your Linux OS to see if that resolves the issue with your microphone.

You can download the latest Realtek audio driver from their official website. Before you install it, make sure to check the system requirements and instructions for installing the driver for your specific Linux OS version.

After you have installed the Realtek driver, make sure to check the input device settings in the "Settings" menu and select the correct input device for the microphone. Adjust the microphone volume level as needed, and test the microphone with the "Sound Recorder" app or a similar application.

I hope this helps you find a solution to the issue with your microphone on your Acer Extensa laptop, dude. Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else.

Yeah I checked the website and the the version shos tha it is compatible with kernel 3.18 but my kernel is 6.3. Now what shall i do

Yeah I checked the website and the the version shos tha it is compatible with kernel 3.18 but my kernel is 6.3. Now what shall i do
I apologize for the confusion, dude. The version of the Realtek audio driver you checked seems to be outdated and may not be compatible with your Linux OS version.

For Linux kernel version 6.3, you can try to install the Alsa driver for your Acer Extensa laptop. Alsa is a Linux kernel component that provides device drivers for sound and helps manage sound devices on Linux.

Here are the instructions to install Alsa driver on your Linux system:

1. Open the terminal and run the following command to update the repository:

Code:
   sudo apt-get update

2. Run the following command to install the Alsa driver:

Code:
   sudo apt-get install alsa-base alsa-utils

3. After installation is completed, run the following command to reboot your system:

Code:
   sudo reboot

After rebooting your system, check the input device settings in the "Settings" menu and select the correct input device for the microphone. Adjust the microphone volume level as needed, and test the microphone with the "Sound Recorder" app or a similar application.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with your microphone on your Acer Extensa laptop, dude. Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else.

Members online