Wifi not probing

yeah i tried the desktop with a friend acer monitor its not the one of my model the machine works properly so what shoild i do

yeah i tried the desktop with a friend acer monitor its not the one of my model the machine works properly so what shoild i do
Thanks for confirming that your desktop works properly with a different Acer monitor, dude. Given this, it's likely that the issue is related to the VGA input on your Acer EK240Y monitor.

Since you've already tested the VGA output on your desktop, the VGA cable, and the VGA input on your Acer EK240Y monitor, one possible solution is to try resetting the monitor to its default factory settings. This can sometimes help resolve issues related to a monitor's configuration.

To reset your Acer EK240Y monitor to its default factory settings, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your monitor and unplug it from the power source.
2. Press and hold the "Menu" or "Settings" button on your monitor.
3. While holding the button, plug in your monitor to the power source and turn it on.
4. Continue to hold the button for about 5 seconds until the monitor's menu screen appears.
5. Use the menu buttons to navigate to the "Reset" or "Factory Default" setting and select it.
6. Confirm that you want to reset the monitor to its factory default settings.
7. Once the reset is complete, turn off the monitor, unplug it from the power source, and then plug it back in.

If resetting the monitor does not resolve the issue, it's possible that your Acer EK240Y monitor may have a hardware issue or a defect. In this case, I recommend contacting Acer's customer support to see if they can help you with further troubleshooting or if you need to have your monitor repaired or replaced under warranty.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with your Acer EK240Y monitor, dude. Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else.

yeah i did all it works fine with windows when i boot it with pendrive
Thanks for the update, dude. It's good to know that your Acer EK240Y monitor works fine with Windows when you boot it with a pendrive.

Since your monitor works fine with Windows, the issue may be related to the display settings or drivers in your Linux operating system. One possible solution is to try adjusting the display settings in your Linux OS to see if that resolves the issue.

You can access the display settings in most Linux operating systems by going to the "Settings" menu and selecting "Display". From there, you can adjust the resolution, refresh rate, and other settings to see if they improve the display on your Acer EK240Y monitor.

Another possibility is that your Linux OS may not have the correct drivers or updates installed to recognize your Acer EK240Y monitor and display it correctly. You can try updating your Linux OS to the latest version and checking for any available driver updates for your monitor or GPU.

If these solutions do not work, it may be helpful to provide more specific details about your Linux OS and the GPU you are using so that we can provide more targeted assistance to help you resolve the issue.

Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else, dude.

so now what should i do
Given that your Acer EK240Y monitor is working fine with Windows but not with Linux, it's possible that there may be an issue with the display settings or drivers in your Linux operating system.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the display settings in your Linux OS:
Access the display settings in your Linux OS by going to the "Settings" menu and selecting "Display". From there, you can adjust the resolution, refresh rate, and other settings to see if they improve the display on your Acer EK240Y monitor.

2. Update your Linux OS to the latest version:
Make sure your Linux OS is up to date by running the package manager or the update manager. This will ensure that you have the latest bug fixes, patches, and enhancements installed on your system.

3. Install the latest drivers for your GPU:
Check the website of the GPU manufacturer to see if there are any drivers or updates available for your GPU that are compatible with your Linux OS. You can install these drivers to ensure that your GPU is working correctly and can communicate with your monitor properly.

4. Use a different VGA cable:
If you haven't already, try using a different VGA cable to connect your desktop to your Acer EK240Y monitor. This will ensure that the issue is not related to a faulty VGA cable.

If none of these steps work, it's possible that there may be a hardware issue with your monitor. In this case, I recommend contacting Acer's customer support to see if they can help you with further troubleshooting or if you need to have your monitor repaired or replaced under warranty.

I hope this helps you find a solution to the issue with your Acer EK240Y monitor and Linux OS, dude. Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else.

yeah when i select 60 hz the full display is taken but with bad resolution but with 70 hz the size is small butthe animation is good and resolution is good

yeah when i select 60 hz the full display is taken but with bad resolution but with 70 hz the size is small butthe animation is good and resolution is good
Thanks for letting me know, dude. It sounds like the issue with your Acer EK240Y monitor on your Linux OS may be related to the refresh rate.

When you select 60Hz, the display takes up the full screen, but the resolution is not optimal. When you select 70Hz, the resolution is better, but the display is smaller.

In this case, you may want to try adjusting the display settings using the xrandr command-line tool in the Linux terminal to see if you can find a better balance between the refresh rate, resolution, and screen size.

You can use the following command in the terminal to list the available display modes and their respective refresh rates:

Code:
xrandr -q

This command will output a list of the available resolutions and refresh rates for your monitor. From there, you can try setting different display modes and refresh rates using the following command:

Code:
xrandr --output [name_of_your_monitor] --mode [resolution_and_refresh_rate]

Replace "[name_of_your_monitor]" with the name of your Acer EK240Y monitor as listed in the output of the previous command, and replace "[resolution_and_refresh_rate]" with the desired resolution and refresh rate.

For example, if your monitor is named "DP-1" and you want to set the resolution to 1920x1080 and the refresh rate to 70Hz, you would use the following command:

Code:
xrandr --output DP-1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 70

You can then experiment with different resolutions and refresh rates until you find a setting that works best for you.

I hope this helps you improve the display on your Acer EK240Y monitor with Linux, dude. Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else.

I have installed a new driver but same thing happens
Thanks for the update, dude. It's unfortunate that installing a new driver did not resolve the issue with your Acer EK240Y monitor on your Linux OS.

In that case, I recommend trying to adjust the display settings on your Linux OS or using the xrandr command-line tool in the terminal to see if you can find a better balance between the refresh rate, resolution, and screen size, as I suggested earlier.

Another possibility is that there may be a compatibility issue between your Acer EK240Y monitor and your Linux OS. You can check the Acer website to see if there are any Linux drivers or firmware updates available for your monitor that may help improve its compatibility with your Linux OS.

If none of these solutions work, it's possible that there may be a hardware issue with your monitor. In this case, I recommend contacting Acer's customer support to see if they can help you with further troubleshooting or if you need to have your monitor repaired or replaced under warranty.

I hope this helps you find a solution to the issue with your Acer EK240Y monitor and Linux OS, dude. Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else.

YEAH I HAVE USED it but didnt sole the provlem
I'm sorry to hear that, dude. If adjusting the display settings with the xrandr command-line tool did not solve the issue with your Acer EK240Y monitor, and you have installed the latest drivers and firmware updates for your monitor and GPU, it's possible that there may be a hardware issue with your monitor or desktop.

You may want to try connecting your desktop to a different monitor or connecting a different desktop or laptop to your Acer EK240Y monitor to see if the issue persists. This can help you determine if the problem is related to your monitor or your desktop.

If the issue persists with a different desktop or laptop and you have tried all other troubleshooting steps, it's possible that there may be a hardware issue with your Acer EK240Y monitor. In that case, I recommend contacting Acer's customer support to see if they can help you with further troubleshooting or if you need to have your monitor repaired or replaced under warranty.

I hope this helps you find a solution to the issue with your Acer EK240Y monitor, dude. Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else.

No the display and computer both are fine as i have tested it with other devices. I have also used my both the laptops which i have told earlier

No the display and computer both are fine as i have tested it with other devices. I have also used my both the laptops which i have told earlier
I see, dude. Since you have tested your Acer EK240Y monitor with other devices and found that it works fine, it's possible that the issue with your monitor is related to the compatibility between your Linux OS and the monitor.

In that case, you may want to try the following steps:

1. Check the display settings in your Linux OS:
Access the display settings in your Linux OS by going to the "Settings" menu and selecting "Display". From there, you can adjust the resolution, refresh rate, and other settings to see if they improve the display on your Acer EK240Y monitor.

2. Check your NVIDIA graphics card settings:
If you're using an NVIDIA graphics card, you may want to check your graphics card settings to see if they're compatible with your monitor. You can access the NVIDIA settings by opening the NVIDIA X Server Settings from the application menu.

3. Reinstall your NVIDIA drivers:
If the above steps don't work, you can try reinstalling your NVIDIA drivers to ensure that they're properly installed and configured. You can download the latest NVIDIA drivers from the NVIDIA website.

4. Contact NVIDIA support:
If none of the above solutions work, you can contact NVIDIA's customer support to see if they can help you with further troubleshooting or if you need to have your graphics card replaced under warranty.

I hope these steps help you find a solution to the issue with your Acer EK240Y monitor and Linux OS, dude. Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you with anything else.

Its not of nvdia its amd vsync and i have contacted acer service center and they told it should work fine as it is compatible with linux and windows and using amd dedicated gpu it will work more efficiently

Its not of nvdia its amd vsync and i have contacted acer service center and they told it should work fine as it is compatible with linux and windows and using amd dedicated gpu it will work more efficiently
I apologize for the confusion, dude. Since your Acer EK240Y monitor is compatible with both Linux and Windows, and you have contacted the Acer service center and they have confirmed that it should work fine, it's possible that there may be an issue with the settings on your AMD GPU or with the configuration of your Linux OS.

In that case, you may want to try adjusting the display settings and GPU settings in your Linux OS to see if you can improve the display on your Acer EK240Y monitor.

You can access the display settings in your Linux OS by going to the "Settings" menu and selecting "Display". From there, you can adjust the resolution, refresh rate, and other settings to see if they improve the display on your Acer EK240Y monitor.

You can also access the GPU settings in your Linux OS by opening the AMD Catalyst Control Center or the AMD Radeon Settings application, depending on which version of the AMD GPU drivers you have installed. From there, you can adjust settings related to display scaling, color correction, and other display-related features.

If adjusting these settings does not solve the issue, you may want to consider reinstalling your AMD GPU drivers or updating to the latest version of your Linux OS. You can download the latest drivers and updates for your Linux OS and AMD GPU from the respective websites.

If none of these solutions work, it's possible that there may be a hardware issue with your Acer EK240Y monitor. In this case, I recommend that you contact Acer's customer support again to see if they can provide further troubleshooting or if you need to have your monitor repaired or replaced under warranty.

But with my laptops which has ubuntu 22.0 installed works very good. also the amd software is not graphicall and it auto corrects on its own and it shows the monitor is 1920x1080 at 75hz and auto correction is on

But with my laptops which has ubuntu 22.0 installed works very good. also the amd software is not graphicall and it auto corrects on its own and it shows the monitor is 1920x1080 at 75hz and auto correction is on
I see, that's good to know, dude. If your Acer EK240Y monitor is working fine with your laptops that have Ubuntu 22.0 installed and the AMD software is automatically correcting itself, it's possible that there may be an issue with your desktop's configuration or drivers.

In that case, you may want to try checking the display settings on your desktop to ensure that they're set correctly for your Acer EK240Y monitor. You can also try reinstalling the drivers for your GPU or updating them to the latest version to see if that resolves the issue.

If none of these steps work, you may want to consider doing a clean installation of your Linux OS on your desktop to see if that resolves the issue. Keep in mind that doing a clean installation will erase all of your data and files on your desktop.

If the issue still persists after trying these solutions, I recommend contacting Acer's customer support again and providing them with as much information as possible about the issue, including the steps you have taken so far to troubleshoot the issue.

so can you sugges me any driver which i shall install
Sure, dude. Since you have an AMD GPU and your Acer EK240Y monitor is working fine with your laptops that have Ubuntu 22.0 installed, you may want to try installing the latest AMDGPU-PRO driver for your Linux OS.

You can download the latest AMDGPU-PRO driver from the official AMD website. Before you install it, make sure to check the system requirements and instructions for installing the driver for your specific Linux OS version.

Once you have installed the driver, you can try adjusting the display settings and GPU settings in your Linux OS to see if you can improve the display on your Acer EK240Y monitor.

If installing the latest AMDGPU-PRO driver does not resolve the issue, you may want to try other AMD GPU drivers that are compatible with your Linux OS version or consider doing a clean installation of your Linux OS.

Members online

Latest posts