Wildfires in Greece

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Australians have been listening and reading with concern about the wildfires in Greece.

ANY loss of life under such circumstances is tragic, but I read that 74 lives have been lost so far, and I hope that that figure will not rise.

We have a number of Greek Members in our "extended family" here at linux.org, and I know the Readers here will join me in wishing all the very best to you and your families and loved ones. You are in our thoughts, and in our prayers.

Australians are no stranger to what we know as "bushfires", and they have been a part of our environment for many thousands of years. My wife Elaine and I have lived in this rural community for 11 years and we have had several close by during that time.

DO know that you have friends thinking of you :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Australians have been listening and reading with concern about the wildfires in Greece.

ANY loss of life under such circumstances is tragic, but I read that 74 lives have been lost so far, and I hope that that figure will not rise.

We have a number of Greek Members in our "extended family" here at linux.org, and I know the Readers here will join me in wishing all the very best to you and your families and loved ones. You are in our thoughts, and in our prayers.

Australians are no stranger to what we know as "bushfires", and they have been a part of our environment for many thousands of years. My wife Elaine and I have lived in this rural community for 11 years and we have had several close by during that time.

DO know that you have friends thinking of you :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Tragically it seems at least 80 souls have gone and they're still searching for missing people not accounted for so the death toll may yet rise - it is heart breaking to watch the pictures of the fires and the only consolation is that it didn't happen at the weekend or the toll of souls taken would be far greater

Members online