Window moves from 2nd monitor to primary - Solved

tharris3546

Reaction score
Credits
This is the first time to use the forum, please overlook my clumsiness. For some reason , if I open say, Firefox, on my second monitor and walk away for an extend amount of time and come back, Firefox is now on the primary monitor. Although is a small thing, it is still frustrating. I have searched for settings that control this "feature", I have been unsuccessful. One other problem (although minor) , in the evening I turn the monitors off (the computer remains on), when the monitors are turned on again, you guessed it, everything is back on the primary monitor. Thank you for any assistance to keep my sanity.

Attachments

• System Info.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 206

G'day tharris, Welcome to Linux.org

Do you, by any chance, have 'suspend' or any other form of turn screen off when inactive, enabled in power management ?

How long has this happened for?....since LM19.3 was initially installed?....or has it only started to occur recently?

Are there any settings on the second monitor itself, that cause a 'power down' after a set amount of time ?

Thanks for your response. You very well may have solved my issue. I checked my Power Management settings and the "Suspend when inactive..." was set to 30 minutes! Thanks again, this will resolve my problem.

I now have another question, I know that I should be able to update the s6tatus to closed; but how is that done?

At the top of the page....you will have "watched" your topic.
Just to the right of that 'watched...there is a small down arrow....click on that and then select 'edit thread'

That should allow you to insert the word..."Solved"....alongside your title.

My pleasure !

Welcome to Linux.org

Latest posts