Windows 11 Leaked

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits

Microsoft themselves have said that 10 will be the last version of Windows.

The leak has been discussed at Reddit quite a bit. Some are of the opinion that it's a SaaS release.

Look at screenshots of Windows 11 it seems to have a lot of similarities with KDE Plasma.
plasma-5.18-screenshot.jpg

Microsoft themselves have said that 10 will be the last version of Windows.

The leak has been discussed at Reddit quite a bit. Some are of the opinion that it's a SaaS release.
One article I read said that one store had accidentally put up a Windows 11 pre-order page, and when confronted, said that Microsoft had told them it would be released July 1st (I am not completely sure about the date, but I think it's right).

I spun up the leaked ISO in a VM and gave it a whirl. For Windows, it looks really good.

You need to disable some settings on setup. Otherwise, it will collect your data. (Watch the video at 6:31). :

Last edited:
I don't care because I haven't done anything other than play with the default OS features and because I am going to wipe the VM anyway when I'm done with it. :p

I, personally, will be upgrading my Windows 10 work VM to Windows 11 just as soon as Windows 11 is officially released. It will be refreshing to have a nicer UI for a change. (I've never been a huge fan of the Windows 10 UI.)

I spun up the leaked ISO in a VM and gave it a whirl. For Windows, it looks really good.

I probably won't even go that far. I have no need for Windows.

If it's a Sell as a Service everyone at my house will be learning to use Linux except the Wife she gets what she ;) wants she has a job. ;)

Software as a Service - a monthly/yearly fee for software, perhaps entirely or for some features. I'd not jump to too many conclusions at this time, but them going to the SaaS model has been predicted for some time now.

If it's a Sell as a Service everyone at my house will be learning to use Linux except the Wife she gets what she ;) wants she has a job. ;)

Software as a Service - a monthly/yearly fee for software, perhaps entirely or for some features. I'd not jump to too many conclusions at this time, but them going to the SaaS model has been predicted for some time now.
SaaS OK I didn't look it up.
Same idea Rent-A-OS what a bummer.
I understand why Microsoft is doing that if they do.

Nope not jumping to conclusions.
I'll wait until I see what's going to happen.

You need to disable some settings on setup. Otherwise, it will collect your data. (Watch the video at 6:31). :
Having watched the video at the suggested spot, I will say that I disable all that stuff by default.

Same idea Rent-A-OS what a bummer.

From a Linux viewpoint, I see it as silly. For others, it may well provide a value that they think is worth it. My assumption, and it's a big assumption, is that there will be both low-cost/free and single-payment options. Microsoft's dominance comes from being installed on everything. I doubt they're dumb enough to shoot themselves in the foot by making it *only* a pay-as-you-go model.

Entirely unrelated, I can tell there are people at the camp. I can hear them setting off fireworks. Earlier today, they were out shooting. I could also hear that. I suppose I could close the windows, but I doubt they'll be at it long or that it'll keep me awake.

SaaS....quite likely....in fact, quite definitely

The basic Windows....Ad driven....and available to all and sundry.
(there is more money in advertising than in software development)

Of course msft Edge will play a leading role.
Edge is licensed under MIT Free Software License. ...................not the same as the GNU or Open Source licenses.

Look up the licence agreements for edge, and you get MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS - Microsoft Edge Developer Tools .....& Third-Party Notices – Microsoft Edge

In true msoft style they put in a link to another page which simply says "This is the stuff we got/took from other folks"
That little shuffle gets them around the usual GNU & Open Source licences

Want something to really gnash your teeth over?

So........ what else is new?

Some things never change. Like a leopard and his spots.

as my mum use to say, all gloss and glitter, but with no knickers

Look at screenshots of Windows 11 it seems to have a lot of similarities with KDE Plasma.
plasma-5.18-screenshot.jpg
Well, this is KDE, and no, I've seen a few videos and they're nothing alike. Also
e2QW8DP.png

This is good news for Linux :)

Members online