WINE error on pop os

Babobu

Reaction score
Credits
I am not entirely sure this is the right place to post but I have Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS on my computer, and I tried playing the nostalgic game "Transformers: Fall of Cybertron". I found a windows copy, and since I am a total noob in linux, I probably missing some obious answers to this. When I try in Terminal:
Code:
wine "/home/danielgrant/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs/Activision/Transformers Fall of Cybertron/Transformers Fall of Cybertron.desktop"

I get the following error:
Code:
MESA-INTEL: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

0054:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\nsiproxy": c0000003
MESA-INTEL: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

0024:err:process:exec_process L"Z:\\home\\danielgrant\\.local\\share\\applications\\wine\\Programs\\Activision\\Transformers Fall of Cybertron\\Transformers Fall of Cybertron.desktop" not supported on this system
I have no Idea where even to start, so I would appreciate every help possible.

Try to install lutris and add with that manually game to list.

There should be something like add manually etc..[epic games, steam so on] then search game folder and select .exe file and after that launch.

I can recheck how this is done when i get to home, they changed gui little bit so i don't remember exactly :confused:

I use usually one cheat sheet to install all dependencies of wine at same (took a while to get old games work before i found this :D)
winedependencies

EDIT: website: lutris

Installed on work pc so i can show:

lutris1.png

Press + and choose "Add locally installed game"

lutris2.png

You get this view after that and choose runner -> Wine

There is more options to choose in other tabs and i suggest you to look those;)

Couldn't run any games with only wine before so thats why i suggest lutris

Last edited:
It never even occurred to me to run the .desktop file through wine! The .desktop file is sort of a script to run a program, it's not meant to be run through wine. You have to run the game exe itself, not the .desktop file. If your game exe is Transformers.exe, then you need to open terminal inside the game directory (navigate manually in the file manager to it and then (in the most of the file managers) you need to press F4 in order to open terminal in the game directory, type

Code:
wine Transformers.exe
(or wine "Activision Transformers.exe" - if there are spaces in the exe name)

and that's it. The way I see the error you mentioned, wine is telling you you're not supposed to run the .desktop through it.

Staff online

Members online