Winestaging conflicts with wine

kelltech

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I'm trying to follow these instructions from GloriousEggroll for getting proton-ge-custom working:
  1. You must have wine installed on your system
  2. You must have winetricks installed on your system
  3. You must have wine dependencies installed on your system. See https://www.gloriouseggroll.tv/how-to-get-out-of-wine-dependency-hell/
  4. You must have vulkan gpu drivers/packages installed properly on your system. See https://github.com/lutris/docs/blob/master/InstallingDrivers.md
Quite easy, but when I try to install winestaging at step 3, I get a message stating that winestaging and wine are in conflict and can't get them both installed at the same time. How can I determine what may have been installed incorrectly and try again?

(This is on EndeavourOS)

How are you installing wine? The best way is using the Arch repository!
This may give you some guidance

Also, use some more up-to-date info (October 20, 2017) i usually say never use information that is more than 1 MAX 2 years old since it can be out of date for the newest version of Linux and, in some cases, can break it. That's why i always bitch when people don't know how to use google. (Like Linus)

To Install the Latest Wine.
sudo pacman -S wine
For the Stable Release.
sudo pacman -S wine-staging
32-bit and 64-bit versions of both mono and geko will be installed.
sudo pacman -S wine-mono wine-gecko
The next command verifies the installation and displays version of Wine that was installed.
wine --version

How are you installing wine? The best way is using the Arch repository!
This may give you some guidance

Definitely through terminal, and editing pacman.conf just as in the linked document. :)

Also, use some more up-to-date info (October 20, 2017) i usually say never use information that is more than 1 MAX 2 years old since it can be out of date for the newest version of Linux and, in some cases, can break it. That's why i always bitch when people don't know how to use google. (Like Linus)
I was just following the pinned thread at the top of this forum, trying to get previously working stuff working in a different distro. I didn't notice the date on GloriousEggroll's information. o_O

After all, I've got the correct version of wine-staging and can now move on to why this game isn't launching in Steam on one system but is perfectly fine on another. :(

Definitely through terminal, and editing pacman.conf just as in the linked document. :)

I was just following the pinned thread at the top of this forum, trying to get previously working stuff working in a different distro. I didn't notice the date on GloriousEggroll's information. o_O

After all, I've got the correct version of wine-staging and can now move on to why this game isn't launching in Steam on one system but is perfectly fine on another. :(
That why I just install all my games in wine. So I don't have to fight with proton

Members online