Wireless not working in linux kali 5.10.0-kali8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.40-1kali1

Mohd yousuf

Reaction score
Credits
So i installed this OS on my computer and connected to the internet using my wired connection which seems to be working fine. But as for password attacks and various attacks we need wifi adapter card as per my knowledge. I have TP- Link AC 1300 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter Archer T4U . I cant seem to connect or use it. I am a newbie @ kali linux and need assistance in installing. Whne i run lsusb, i can see this

$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 045e:070f Microsoft Corp. LifeChat LX-3000 Headset
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04ca:007d Lite-On Technology Corp. USB wired keyboard
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 2357:0115 TP-Link Archer T4U ver.3 (this is the one)
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04ca:008a Lite-On Technology Corp. Acer Wired Mouse Model SM-9023
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I am uncertain and really stuck. Seeking for help and sorry in advance if i sound a bit stupid since i am new in this line.

Thank you

If you are unfamiliar with Linux generally, if you do not have at least a basic level of competence in administering a system, if you are looking for a Linux distribution to use as a learning tool to get to know your way around Linux, or if you want a distro that you can use as a general purpose desktop installation, Kali Linux is probably not what you are looking for.

Even for experienced Linux users, Kali can pose some challenges.

I would use it but atm this has become a challenge and i look forward to complete it , so if you can help me out then i would really appreciate it. Thank you !

I would use it but atm this has become a challenge and i look forward to complete it , so if you can help me out then i would really appreciate it. Thank you !
It's not about being a challenge or not. It's about that a Kali user should have enough Linux knowledge and experience to figure out the problems they run into themselves without needing help, as well as if you understand how Linux works you will be more easily able to understand how to work with the tools Kali provides. However to help you out a bit, your device is recognized by your system but you can't connect. I looked up your device here and it seems your device needs additional drivers to work properly. You can try installing one of these drivers by following the instructions they provide and then reboot your system and try connecting to your wifi again.

Last edited:
I have TP- Link AC 1300 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter Archer T4U . I cant seem to connect or use it.
I am using Kali. I never tried installing that wireless adapter myself, but I found its guide on the TP Link website.
1. Scroll down the above website to the bottom, you will find the driver for Linux (Archer T4U(EUUS)_V3_180511_Linux.zip). Download it.
2. Unzip the file Archer T4U(EUUS)_V3_180511_Linux.zip.
3. There is an installation manual in PDF in the zip file above. The instructions for Kali are on page 8. You can also download/view the PDF from this link.

Moved to the Kali sub-forum.