WLAN issue that distro community cannot solve

i sure do. both of them. along with loooots others but after reading the arch wiki i get the modular system :)
so either this hardware is utterly new to linux or....? tbh im out of my depth, this is pretty much the first thing i couldnt sort, and im worried this laptop siimply isn't linux-happy.
not to be defeatest - any ideas?
Or the Photo you received is incorrect and you may need to physically check it and get the correct make and model - if those two files are there then what is in the photo should be working - If indeed it is a Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201as per the photo that has been certified by Ubuntu https://ubuntu.com/certified/component/706

im worried this laptop siimply isn't linux-happy.

To add to the above...

You can get a small wireless dongle for not much money. When you search Amazon or NewEgg, just be sure to add 'Linux' to the search terms and you'll find stuff that works in Linux easily enough.

I also suggest all Linux users to have a USB to Ethernet adapter on hand.

Wireless is often a shortfall with Linux. There are so many brands and versions, and the OEMs don't care about Linux so we've gotta reverse engineer stuff, that it's a bit of a hit and miss aspect.

Anyhow, you can get a small one that's discrete and use that until Linux catches up and includes working drivers for your system.

Or the Photo you received is incorrect and you may need to physically check it and get the correct make and model - if those two files are there then what is in the photo should be working - If indeed it is a Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201as per the photo that has been certified by Ubuntu https://ubuntu.com/certified/component/706
ah. would being on an arch-based distro perhaps not have this certified-ness that ubuntu has got?
i am very certain that it is my wifi card. assuming it is, is there anything to the effect of "please computer, turn off any software that might be switching the wifi off" command?

If indeed it is a Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201

lspci would determine this. It doesn't require drivers to list the hardware.

In any case I have this exact same wi-fi chip on my mother board.
I don't know about Arch, but works fine with SuSE, Redhat, Fedora, Alma, Manjaro, and Debian.
These are the only distros I have tried recently.

lspci would determine this. It doesn't require drivers to list the hardware.

In any case I have this exact same wi-fi chip on my mother board.
I don't know about Arch, but works fine with SuSE, Redhat, Fedora, Alma, Manjaro, and Debian.
These are the only distros I have tried recently.
very well. Thank you for your help. Ill try on fedora live env. and i also have asked intel fourms. may as well sort this out for the whole of arch if that is indeed the issue.
When i solve - and i will grrrrr - ill post here shall i? :)
best

The WiFi isn't disabled in the BIOS? I know silly question but thought to never overlook the obvious

Members online