wowlan atheros 9280

C

chapeka

Hello, I am trying to configure wake on wireless lan with atheros 9280 mini pci-e card, in redhAT 6 and windows 7

In redhat 6.3 with kernel 3.6.11 (installed from kernel.org), I can manage with the iw comand updated with 3.8 version (redhat´s version is 0.7 an doesn´t work with wowlan), but it doesn`t work supposedly because the system has problems with the cfg80211 and mac80211 modules that crashes because the kernel doesn´t work. I read that one pin of the card is unconnected, but the chipset is capable to work with wowlan.

when I do:

#iw phy0 info

returns

WoWlan support:
*wake up on disconnect
*wake up on magic packet
*wake up on pattern match

#iw phy0 wowlan show

returns

WoWlan is disabled

#iw phy0 wowlan enable magic-packet

#iw phy0 wowlan show

returns

Wowlan is enabled:
* wake up on magic packet

Step after suspend mode, and from my WRT54GS router with DD-WRT firmware I send a magic packet and
the system doesn´t wake up.

As said before theres a problem with the cfg80211 and mac80211 modules, When CONFIG_PM is enabled, no device can possibly
support WoWLAN since it can't go to sleep to start with. Due to this, mac80211 had even rejected the hardware registration. By making all the code and data for WoWLAN depend on CONFIG_PM we can promote this runtime error to a compile-time error.

i have to modify this files, adding some lines :

drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/cfg80211.c | 2 ++
drivers/net/wireless/ti/wlcore/main.c | 2 ++
include/net/cfg80211.h | 2 ++
net/mac80211/main.c | 7 +++----
net/wireless/core.c | 4 ++++
net/wireless/nl80211.c

But this doesn´t work, please I need some help.

In windows 7 I can´t configure with any drivers modified or original with the atheros card, the option in the power management to allow the device to bring the computer out to standby is greyed. With intel 6230 card it works in suspend mode with the WRT54GS router´s magic packets

Do you know if with this atheros card can works with wowlan in windows?¿

Sorry for my horrible english but could be worse, I am from Spain .

i dont know what you are trying to speak up here i am very much annoyed with it and is looking for some good solution not any sort of confusion

Members online