Writer

Moonbeam99

Reaction score
Credits
Complete newbie to Libre - so apologies if this is a dumb question. I do remote typing and need to email the letters back to the author for correction, so can't save as a PDF. If using a previous Word document in Writer, what do I then save it as? I am on a Mac (Mojave). Whatever I choose, it still saves it as a Word document not a Writer document.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 10.05.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 10.05.07 PM.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 99

Welcome to the forums
Do your work in doc, save as [to your disk], then click file, go down to export as, open drop box and select PDF will allow you to save as a PDF

Welcome to the forums
Do your work in doc, save as [to your disk], then click file, go down to export as, open drop box and select PDF will allow you to save as a PDF
I do not want to save as PDF. I want to save as a Writer document as opposed to Word document.

The default format for LibreOffice Writer is odt format, just save it by clicking on save as and it will save it with the default format for LibreOffice Writer.

This isn't a Linux question. You're on a Mac, using an application that is cross-platform.

This isn't a Linux question. You're on a Mac, using an application that is cross-platform.
Good catch, I didn't look at the screenshot.

Why not save in both formats? Then, if something does go awry, you still have the other format to fall back on.

Members online